The VG Resource

Full Version: Bubble Bobble Plus! Resource
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What do you have to do to these besides the usual process (open in BRRES Viewer, export, open in Noesis, export etc.)?
(01-28-2012, 08:41 AM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: [ -> ]What do you have to do to these besides the usual process (open in BRRES Viewer, export, open in Noesis, export etc.)?

That process, plus an extra step of disabling a polygon titled "Polygon0", which RTB identified a few months back as a masking polygon of sorts. With it enabled, the model will seem grey and untextured, whereas the textured model is just hidden below it.
Those are surprisingly low-resolution textures for the main character models! Tongue

By the way, mind making a thumbnail for the game?
Indeed they are!

I know playing this on my Wii, the character models are pretty small, so it looks fine there. Tongue

--
Here's an icon!
[Image: BubbleBobblePlusGameIcon-M.png]
Is it real to extract texstures from Bubble Bobble Neo (XBox 360) - I suppose that textures in XBox version are more hi-res
(01-30-2012, 03:55 AM)Doronetty Wrote: [ -> ]Is it real to extract texstures from Bubble Bobble Neo (XBox 360) - I suppose that textures in XBox version are more hi-res
Hm. You know what, I'll have to take a look and see.

(EDIT: Wha...? Unless I'm looking in the wrong place, they seem to be the exact same as the Wii version's, only in TGA format? I'll keep searching.)

(EDIT 2: The Wii's MDL0 files are still in the 360 version...)

(EDIT 3: Well, that sucks. The resolutions for the images are the same. BUT, they are much cleaner than the ones from the Wii game. I'm gonna convert them to PNGs and upload them shortly.)

(EDIT 4: Hm, seems like the UV mapping is upside-down for the models. That can easily be fixed -- just check "Flip UV's" before converting the model using Noesis. While I've got them all up on The Models Resource already with the better XBox 360 textures, if you wouldn't mind uploading the fixed DAEs for me, I can update them with the corrected ones.)
So you just need the .DAE models. RTB?

I'll try to get them up tonight. Smile

-

In the "boss.BRRES" file, there is a model called "bigbublun". It seems to have better textures...check back here in about 5 mintues for a screenshot. Tongue

-
[Image: TMP000056.jpg]

Textures still seem to be...not the highest of qualities. Wink Only difference I can see is that he has purple arms & feet, as opposed to red.

--

All of the models in the boss.brres file (SuperDrunk, BigSkull, etc), with the exception of Dark Dragon seem to have the same low-res texture files...
More models! Big Grin

....and last but not least, everyone's favorite!

--

@RTB - did you track down those improved textures? Smile
Why are Bub's hands and feet purple instead of pink?
(02-17-2012, 02:25 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: [ -> ]Why are Bub's hands and feet purple instead of pink?
Because that one is a boss character in the game, if I recall correctly.

Either way, I'll upload them in about an hour, and dig out the 360's textures for them, too.
Oh wow, you have to fight the main character? Is he an evil clone or something?
(02-17-2012, 05:17 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: [ -> ]Oh wow, you have to fight the main character? Is he an evil clone or something?

Honestly I am not sure. I played through the game with my brother a while back, and saw nothing of the sort.
It's probably in one of the many extra/challenge modes. Smile

--

I checked on the files, and Big Bubblun only has one animation associated with it - an idle animation (like he just stands there and stares into the distance).

--

Rest of the models should be up before the end of the night! Smile

(02-17-2012, 05:28 PM)John2k4 Wrote: [ -> ]I checked on the files, and Big Bubblun only has one animation associated with it - an idle animation (like he just stands there and stares into the distance).
Sounds like it could potentially be unused, then. I'll upload it as "unknown" for now.

And funny you should mention "better textures" -- the textures for the bosses in the XBox 360 version are twice the resolution of the Wii's, but not for the main characters or enemies. Hrm...

(EDIT: And they're up, with the ones on tMR having the 360 version's textures.)
Pages: 1 2