The VG Resource

Full Version: Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: Game.png]

Past Updates:
[Image: Ancel2.png][Image: Auguste-1.png][Image: Reinhilde-1.png][Image: Wyl2.png]

To Be Updated:

None. I is being lazy. Very Sad

Each Sheet Takes 3-4 Hours, so this will be a long process. Cute
cool, looking good. Smile
also, yes you can put them all in one post.
[Image: valkyriedscotp.png]

Wink

They're up!
... So, I do the one I'm dreading, the main character Wyl. No biggie, right?

An hour and a half later, it's done. But I don't wanna update with only one. So who do I go for? The character you have for literally the prologue and the bonus dungeon at the end of the game. So I figure he has only a few animations, naturally.

Silly me. I forgot one of his appearances during one of the endings. Bah. Because of that, he has like the second most animations. xD

So yea, the 2 longest ones are done, lol. I kept the animations as in-tact as I could. Ancel had an awkward dying pose, due to an event during the prologue, so those are all jumbled together, (In that mini upside down pyramid.) Though, I did do some guesswork, I'm -pretty- sure a fluid animation would work if you go left to right from the top to the bottom of that small pyramid. xD (He should fall down, then get back up like someone's holding him)

[Image: WylfredIcon.png] [Image: AncelIcon.png]

I assume I change the thread to Not Uploaded once I post something new? XD

EDIT: Hrm. I just realized I don't have any of the end battle sprites or soul crush sprites. Unsure (Though to be honest, I'm 99% sure soul crushes are simply movie files) I can't seem to find any of the battle sprites though, even though I just went back over every piece of data. o_O Going to stop submitting for now, hoping I can locate the battle sprites. If not, then the best we'll get is without them, which is better than nothing. This isn't exactly the easiest game to rip, as many people will tell you. xD

EDIT: I have just triple checked every file. I must be blind, as the battle sprites are no where to be found. Unsure So, would you guys prefer I continue to submit the characters without their battle sprites? (It'd contain any story event sprite, their basic walking poses, death poses, etc, aka what I've been uploading) I pretty much give up finding the battle sprites. You'd think they'd be in the public files or battle files, but neither have them. Unsure

To be honest, at this point, I'm thinking they all might be contained in a movie file, as all the battle poses are the same, and simply repeat over and over as you attack. XD
Well, if you can't get them or find them, I figure you at least did the best you could. If you ever find a way to get them later on, you can always update the sheets.

I've got them up -- and yes, it does help when you mark your topic as Not Uploaded when you post new content. Wink
As I said in the Ripping Help Thread, all battle sprites ripped.

Just spent the better part of the last 4 hours re-doing Wyl. >_> I hope there's no problem with it's size. There is a massive amount of sprites. THANK GOD that Wyl's Soul Crush simply recycles animations from his other attacks, LOL. Not looking forward to updating Ancel. His soul crush has unique animations. Ouch!

[Image: WylfredIcon.png]

Obviously, these updates are going to go a lot slower. Haha. Surprisingly sorting through hundreds of sprites for duplicates, while trying your best to keep the sprite sheets looking okay and keeping animations in a line is very complicated. xD Thank god for my OCD though, rofl.
They look slightly shrunken.
Haha, you posted that as I was re-uploading them. Photobucket was auto-resizing them, xD

Though, if they still look shrunken, I may have to upload somewhere other than Photobucket. Though they look fine on my screen now.

You have to click it to zoom in, but you have to do that with every photo upload place, last time I checked, xD
For Photobucket, you need to go to Album Settings, then Upload Options, and then select Best Possible Quality.
(01-28-2012, 07:58 AM)Deathbringer Wrote: [ -> ]For Photobucket, you need to go to Album Settings, then Upload Options, and then select Best Possible Quality.

Already did that.

Is it not showing at full size for you guys once you zoom in?
I don't know if you know this, but Barubary made a program that would possibly help you with arranging the sheets - it's called Oil of Vitriol.
If you aren't using it, get in touch with me and I'll lend you a hand with learning how to use it Smile
I am indeed using it, but it doesn't help with arranging the sheets, to be honest. Tongue Just helps me figure out the order of the animations.

Because of the sheer amount of repeating sprites, I had to save all the sprite sheets to my computer, then manually load them in paint, organize them by animation, remove duplicates (though in some cases, I will leave a duplicate on if it's imperative in an animation) and then put them in a semi-organized location.

There's like 10-12 per character. 1 for battle sprites, 1 for battle sprites with some removed and replaced with soul crush sprites, like 2-3 for the walking/normal sprites, then the rest for story event sprites, etc. Unless I'm overlooking something, there's no way to organize multiple game sprite sheets into a single sprite sheet without doing it manually. Tongue And as multiple sprites repeat constantly on different game sprite sheets, you actually have to go through them, xD

Heck, unless I'm missing something major, you can only even load 1 game file in OoV at once.
Generally I find it easier to use the NCERs (one of each sprite) instead of the NANRs (animations) for things like that (I'm doing it for a DS fighting game I'm ripping ATM). I click NCER, then export all the frames, and then I click NANR, and save those animations and use them just for reference on organizing the NCERs (you may want to keep track of where you're at if you have to leave it, I usually crop out or remove animations after I place the corresponding NCERs on the sheet. If an animation happens to re-use a frame, then I generally don't worry about it (you can copy & paste them if you really want them there Tongue). NCERs however usually list the sprites in a bit of a different order than the animation sprites, so at that point I just hunt for the NCER sprites that correspond to the animations and place them in order. Hope all that makes sense. Shy
I actually saved both to my computer. Tongue

The Animation Sheets don't really have too many repeating sprites in this game, to be honest. Just takes forever compiling the sprites from like, 10 different sheets. Tongue
I -assumed- double posting is allowed for updates, as pretty much every other rip thread has double posting for updates. If that's not right, please let me know.

I want to know something: Why the hell does a character that only appears in the prologue, a SINGLE BATTLE of one of the endings, and the bonus dungeon at the end have MORE sprites than the MAIN character? XD

Anyway, Ancel has been updated.

[Image: AncelIcon.png]

I'm 99.9% sure I'm not missing anymore sprites, xD Considering every single sprite in the files has been accounted for and saved to my computer. Unless they're hidding in movie/sound files, I have them all now, lol. Which is why I'm re-doing the already submitted ones now.

I kind of regret not doing just 1 sprite for realmstalkers. But meh, there's multiple palettes it uses at times, so you can't just palette swap all of them.

After I update Reinhilde and Auguste (ironically one of the last couples to join your group xD, I just loves me some Reinhilde), I'll probably submit in order of characters joining the party, and I won't do them one at a time. xD I just want to get the ones already posted updated ASAP. xD
Pages: 1 2