The VG Resource

Full Version: Been a While, a Long While, Help Me Out?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: UntitledSpriteWorkshop1.png]

Not much but there's really no going further until I've felt happy with my base. Any who I know the skin is red but I've not set-up a palette yet (until I'm confident that I'm still kinda able to sprite). Comments, Criticism, How am I doing for little experience in the past and a good 4 year spriting hiatus?

P.S. I'm already aware with the Spriting Dictionary, so need need to lead me there. Use terms accordingly as I'm a big boy now and can likely figure them out on my own.

P.S.S. Have I mentioned yet how much I've missed this place? Would love to see some familiar user names or something but damn the internet changes fast
I remember you, bub, I used to frequent Pixeltendo too, but I wasn't as well known as I am now, haha -- I'm gorsal, btw

As for the sprite, it leans forward a lot. Others will give better input on your work, I'm on a hurry atm :/
And I to you as well Smile See that's what I kept picking at was the leaning forward thing to, Any idea's for a fix? Also any help with my palette? I'm still attempting to familiarize myself with hue-shifting and contrast levels. Anybody here who could put it numerically for me?
[Image: ny8tft.png]

His feet have shifted to the right for some reason, makes him leany and off balance. That's what gors is getting at I think.

Hi, I'm a new guy. I can't help you with shading or palettes yet, as I would be talking out of my rear. Welcome back, good luck.
Yeah I figured that but thanks for the instructions. You sure I should straighten both legs though? Wouldn't having both straight kinda make him look like a stiff? Lol Not knocking the crit because I definitely agree that atleast one should be straight. I'll give it a shot here when I get time
That's what I was thinking.

Try keeping the left leg (our right) the same as before, and shift the right leg over a pixel or two.
Still looked iffy :/ Back to the drawing board for me. This here will be totally re-scrapped and re-worked. Go ahead and close this thread down. I'm gonna be reworking this for a while