The VG Resource

Full Version: da adventur of Link (HD!!!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: BWIid.png]
I'm not too happy with the legs..
His back leg looks a little too far back in my opinion. Looking mostly quite nice, not sure if I like the palette, though.
His sword gripping hand seems kind of off to me in relation to the swords position. The sword feels like it should be down more in alignment with the knuckles. I don't like the legs either, they should be defined more, they look kind of mushy.
YOu've got to keep in mind that his tunika covers a good part of his legs. The knees are too low in yo0ur sprite.
I disagree. In the original sprite, link's knees appear to be at the point where his boots meet his thighs, meaning that his tunic is actually pretty short.
If anything, his boots should be made taller.
[Image: Z6cf0.png]
Did some work on his legs, pulled his boots up, reduced his tunic to a more scandalous length, moved his sword, messed with his palette, and did some other small stuff
Link looks sorta unbalanced. It doesn't seem like you could stand in that position for very long. Maybe moving his front (his left, our right) leg forward a couple of pixels from the knee down would help?
(01-22-2012, 06:46 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]I disagree. In the original sprite, link's knees appear to be at the point where his boots meet his thighs, meaning that his tunic is actually pretty short.
If anything, his boots should be made taller.
Since when are old 8bit sprites a reference for anatomy? The original sprite clearly has a broken left leg. Wink

His arm looks really noodely. Maybe a stronger upper arm might help?
I think the pose with the sword looks the best, mainly cause it hides the proportional inaccuracy. The legs don't seem long enough, or the torso is too stretched. The face is stomething you gotta keep, it's good :] unless you want to tweak it yourself.
[Image: sx4N9.png]
Made his arm thicker and his legs more balanced, will probably play around with his legs-torso ratio next.
His sword seems pretty dinky to me.
It was never very long to begin with (look at the original sprite, lol) but at least in the original the tip of his sword reached all the way to the far side of his shield.
Maybe extend the blade of the sword out to the far side of the shield?
[Image: suXo2.png]

Made a bunch of changes to Link's body structure, caused his sword to increase in length too.
Keeping in mind, also, that the sword (supposedly) is the Magical Sword from Zelda 1. You could even (if you wanna be nostalgic) use the Magic Sword design from Soul Calibur II, too! Just an idea.
(01-26-2012, 02:54 AM)Miles07 Wrote: [ -> ]Keeping in mind, also, that the sword (supposedly) is the Magical Sword from Zelda 1. You could even (if you wanna be nostalgic) use the Magic Sword design from Soul Calibur II, too! Just an idea.

Actually I'm using the design from the official artwork, I think the Soul Calibur one would be a little too complicated.

[Image: Vhoq4.png]

NPC heads!
I always wish they'd give Link a beard, even once :I
Pages: 1 2 3