The VG Resource

Full Version: Xane sheet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to make my first sprite sheet so I decided to try Xane from the Fire Emblem series. Here is what I have so far.

[Image: Xanesheet-tsr.png]

What do you think I could do to improve it?
You really need to learn anatomy. The shoulders, body, arms and legs are all pointed straight at the screen, even though they're intended to be at angle. There's no neck, his head's an awkward circle, and the proportions are all wrong. I really suggest that you study up. Like, find tutorials on the human body and read them.

But well, I think a good place to start with is just to focus on the first idle pose for now. Try shifting the angle of the body over to match the way the head and feet are angled a little better. See if you can add a neck in while you're at it. If it's not coming out right, check out some reference pictures.
I highly suggest working on your drawings first, because at the moment, you don't even have notion of what perspective, shading and anatomy means. Grab an anatomy book, observe objects and people, try sketching them in paper. Pixelart is art like many others, so knowing the basics from traditional art will help you considerably in pixelart.