The VG Resource

Full Version: Custom Yoshi's Island Secret and Extra level Icons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have you played Yoshi's Island? Well, I made some level icons to replace the normal extra and secret level icons. Can this go into Mario Custom/Edited?
Here's the sheet.
[Image: 208px-Extra_and_Secret_Levels_custom.png]
Firstly, your sheet got shrunk. Try uploading it to imgur. And secondly, you can't submit custom sprites until you get some feedback on them first, so I've moved this to Spriting and Pixel Art. Wink
I uploaded it to Imgur. And thanks for the help!
[Image: YfYwk.png]
first of all, those aren't good enough to be submitted to tSR.

They're quite jagged, poor, and the actual content is smaller than the sheet. You should study pixelart techniques, such as outline and shading to even think on submitting to tSR.
(01-16-2012, 03:21 PM)Gors Wrote: [ -> ]first of all, those aren't good enough to be submitted to tSR.

They're quite jagged, poor, and the actual content is smaller than the sheet. You should study pixelart techniques, such as outline and shading to even think on submitting to tSR.

PS. Yes, there's really bad customs still up on the site, but the admission rules have changed along with the perspective people have on the quality rule outlined in the Submission Rules. As well,

time goes on, which is a factor with which people can judge quality better as they've been working with seeing what makes things better quality, plus firsthand experience in making things have a better quality.