The VG Resource

Full Version: Misc sprite edits by me!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey TSR! I'm a long time visitor of the site, first time forum poster. I make homebrew games for a hobby and as such, typically find myself making some kind of custom/edited sprite. Thought I'd share one of my favorites with you guys!

[Image: 16jl9.png]

Richter Belmont, in River City Ransom style! It's not exactly perfect (because I'm not exactly any good at this), but I'm sure it'll be a little amusing.
It is a little amusing, but unfortunately it doesn't seem like much more than a recolor. It's a great first step in spriting though. Smile
Try messing with a 16-bit style and get the basics of shading and palettes down. That's a good next step.

PS- Kudos for reading the rules and posting this in the right place!
Points well taken, thanks Smile

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out!

So I made this sheet for a game I'm currently working on. It's the Fighter from NES Final Fantasy 1, shaded and slightly resized down to SNES style (FF4/5). Added the extra frames using Dark Knight Cecil and Fighter from FF3j as a base.

[Image: 1n0HT.png]

The top is the rip found on this site, the bottom is what I made it into.

You're really not adding much to the original sprite. Don't get me wrong, I love edits, but these just aren't enough. Unless you rehaul the sprites to the point that you take a tangent and it truly becomes your work, I think you're better off not posting these (feel free to do them though, carry on) and post some custom sprites.