The VG Resource

Full Version: Maya export help needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Because I can never seem to give up on things just because I've said I'm giving up on them, I keep trying to get my FFVII rips to work, and it turns out that the .fbx files export correctly, too. So I actually went ahead and downloaded Maya--the 2010 version, because my computer's stats are very low, and I figured it was iffy even for that one to run, much less the more recent ones--and sure enough, the .fbx file version loads into Maya correctly.

But now what? I can't get it to export into any format I can use in any other program. Is there something I need to do to the model first to be able to export into something that Blender can open, like an .obj or an .x file? Or should I have tried one of Autodesk's other programs instead of Maya...?

I'm sorry for asking such an irritating question...but I wasn't sure where else to turn.
If You use Noesis, You can export the FBX files into SMD or DAE for Blender. Or You can export to OBJ, but that doesn't support bones.
Yeah, but like I said in my other thread (http://spriters-resource.com/community/s...?tid=18983), it only exports successfully into .dae (and .fbx, though I hadn't tried that yet when I made that post, since I didn't have anything that could open the file type), and Blender crashes when I try to open the .dae files.

So it's pretty much .fbx or nothing, if I'm going to rip these models.