The VG Resource

Full Version: Support for Blender 2.5/2.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.

First, I would like to apologize if you guys had some weird rule about noobs having to post on a certain board before making a post here.

Long Story:

After a rigorous series of tutorial sessions, I taught myself how to use Blender 3D and Unity 3D. (Previously, I knew a bit of Python, BASIC, and how to work Anim8or...)

After experimenting with the two programs, I decided to play around with Qualcomm's Augmented Reality SDK.

I thought it would really be fun if I made a small-ish game that simulates a pokemon battle.

At first I tried to rip models from an .iso file of Pokemon Coliseum, only to start having issues with the compression formats...

After hours of google searching, broken links, ban-hammers on 4 year old topics, and broken dreams, I found you guys! You guys ripped the models from pokepark one and two! You guys rock!

Short story:

My questions.

-I'm having trouble assigning the textures to the .DAE file I got from the website. It's loaded into Blender, but I can't seem to assign the textures.

-I then tried to import a md5 file into blender 2.5 using the BRRES viewer. I got a syntax error, then read that it was for Blender 4.9
Does anyone know of a...More recent version of the md5 importer script?

-The same DAE file mentioned has a skeleton, but doesn't seem to be rigged properly. Do I have to manually re-rig it?

Sorry if these are silly questions...But thank you!
I was able to get that DAE import script to work by running it in Blender 2.49, importing my model, then saving the whole thing as a Blender project file. Then opened that project file in Blender 2.5 and it was all still there. Wink
Do you mean that the PokéPark models have issues with the .DAEs and textures?
(01-06-2012, 06:06 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mean that the PokéPark models have issues with the .DAEs and textures?

That's just the thing. I'm not sure if it's me or issues with the export. Has anyone successfully imported any of those files into Blender 2.5?
(01-06-2012, 06:12 PM)Katch Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-06-2012, 06:06 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mean that the PokéPark models have issues with the .DAEs and textures?

That's just the thing. I'm not sure if it's me or issues with the export. Has anyone successfully imported any of those files into Blender 2.5?

I'm using 2.61 and I can import the models just fine.
You could try this SMD script for Blender.

I think I was having troubles with the .dae in 2.5. But that was a while ago, so I don't know.

Also if You run into programs that have only DAE, and You want them converted to SMD. Noesis is a good tool to easily convert the DAE files to SMD and other formats. Smile

P.S. for anyone using Noesis. There's been updates to the program, that will make it work better. And it has the option to update when You go to Tools> Check for Updates. And You can also send crash reports to the Creator so he can fix things. Just in case anyone's interested. Tongue
The SMD script seems to not wanna run on my computer...Gonna Puke

But I DID run Noesis and found that it could export to a .fbx file. (That's what I was going to export it as in Blender anyway.)

Is there a way to export the PSA animations using Noesis? Can I export the model (I'm using an Eevee .md5 file I exproted from the BRRES viewer) and the animations as one .fbx file, or do I have to do it separately?

[EDIT] I got the SMD file working. Are SMD animations included when I export the BRRES file or no?

If not, is there a way I can put the animation files and the model on a single file?
(01-06-2012, 07:44 PM)Katch Wrote: [ -> ]The SMD script seems to not wanna run on my computer...Gonna Puke

But I DID run Noesis and found that it could export to a .fbx file. (That's what I was going to export it as in Blender anyway.)

Is there a way to export the PSA animations using Noesis? Can I export the model (I'm using an Eevee .md5 file I exproted from the BRRES viewer) and the animations as one .fbx file, or do I have to do it separately?

[EDIT] I got the SMD file working. Are SMD animations included when I export the BRRES file or no?

If not, is there a way I can put the animation files and the model on a single file?

If there's animations in Brres viewer, then they will export as psa files.

Now to apply the animations to one model. You must open the model in Noesis. Then drag the psa animations into the screen with the model. Select No in the popup window. Then the model should start using the animation. Unfortunately, at this moment I don't know how to combine multiple animations into one.Sad

Also, You must use Export from preview or the animations will not export with the FBX.
Thank you! I successfully imported an animated Eevee into Unity 3D.

+1 rep!
So in the end you did not use blender at all? I am trying to get these same models into blender, in order to convert them into another format (which I can only do through blender). I can open the OBJ and DAE files from the repository on this site, but can't see any animations. This might just be my own incompetence, or maybe I need to load those separately (possibly through that PSK file?).
Please do not bump any more topics that are a whole month or more old. Locking.