The VG Resource

Full Version: The Spriters Resource Game-A-Thon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello tSR! As I'm sure many of you already know (and, hopefully, some of you even visited), The Spriters Resource Game-A-Thon is currently in full swing! There are 11 hours left so there's plenty of time for you to check it out, join in the chat, and most importantly, donate!

Here are all of the important links:
Info: http://www.spriters-resource.com/
Donations: http://www.justgiving.com/tSRGameathon
Stream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/the-sprite...ame-a-thon

So everyone go check it out, regardless of whether or not you're donating (though you should donate if you can - it goes to a good cause, not the site)!
Spent a good half hour watching Dazz playing Altered Beast earlier - definitely worth my time! Smile
So are you going to stop showing the streams when it's over? I ask because I can't watch it today.
Take this with a grain of salt as only Dazz can really answer with 100% certainty but I am fairly confident that the stream will be gone the second it hits 24 hours as he already looks rather exhausted.
The stream is (officially) over but Dazz is still playing.

I'm one of the 13 people currently in the room, but I don't have Ustream chat enabled.
I've been there for probably 5 hours straight now..

Great job Dazz!
So YOU'RE the guy who keeps sending all the stuff from Twitter!
ahahah
All right guys, it's been fun but it's 4:30 am here and I've gotta work in a few hours so, good night!
I thought you knew since I used almost the same name for Twitter as I did here. Wink

They're on a fighting game now. I'll stick around until the end. Big Grin
Well, it seems I stand corrected since stuff is still happening.
Thanks for that you guys. I feel like I got to know Dazz as a person watching him go through the games, which was almost as cool as being introduced to some of the titles I'd never heard of or didn't know existed (I'll be checking out that Risk game as soon as I have the points...)

Sleep well, Dazz. You deserve it.
It was an awesome ride. I'll definitely be watching the next one.
Heh, still going for a bit because I think it makes sense to just stay awake until a normal hour, have dinner, then go to bed.

Been awake a pretty long time now, and I think I'm done with playing any videogames for a few weeks...

Really enjoyed doing the whole thing, and I'm glad people enjoyed watching it!
I'll put out some stats once they're available, but we've raised over £400, so I'm going to say that this entire event was a resounding success for a charity fundraiser. It isn't the £1000 goal, but I never thought we would reach that anyway.

Thanks to everyone that helped to keep me and Greg awake - had some amazing moments. Pretty sure John will have as fond memories as myself about single legs running away from someone without a head. Genius.
We completed over 20 games, not sure quite how many though exactly. The biggest effort was Kirby 3...
Well, from the ones I spotted, there was Kirby's Dream Land 3 (first one I tuned into), Track and Field, TMNT IV: Turtles in Time, Sunset Riders, Streets of Rage II, Altered Beast, Track and Field, Metal Slug 3, X-Men, Mug Smashers (I haven't heard of that one before), Final Fight, Golden Axe, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, Track and Field, Family Feud, and You Don't Know Jack, if I recall corectly, so that's at least 15 games. Would've liked to stay and watch more, but I had a bunch of other things that I had to do -- and sleep was one of them.

Either way, even I haven't managed to stay awake for well over 24 hours. Good job, Dazz and Greg. Have a good night's sleep when the time comes around for it. Smile
You played KDL3...?

Great, now I regret not watching it even more. >_>

Are you gonna keep it up for a while? I wanted to at least try to watch a little bit of it... I've been into other things. Anyway, have this medal Dazz, you are awesome. Big Grin

EDIT:

(01-07-2012, 12:48 PM)Dazz Wrote: [ -> ]Bomberman 3 (?)

HNNNNNGH.
What I recall is:

Altered Beast
Doom (Chapter 1)
Doom II (Didn't finish, did the first 6 levels or something though)
Double Dragon
Final Fight
Golden Axe
Gunstar Heroes
Metal Slug 3
Smash TV
Sonic 2
Streets of Rage 2
TMNT
Track & Field (a fair few times)
X-Men Arcade
Sunset Riders