The VG Resource

Full Version: puggsoy's Puggsy sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Yup, that's where I got my username from Cute

TKGB submitted some Puggsy sheets in 2010 but stopped. The general forum rules say that I shouldn't revive dead threads that's why I decided to make a new one, but if you guys think I should though (maybe that rule's kinda different for these sections or something) please say so, then I'll do that.

Anyways, here are my first ever sprite rips:

[Image: puggsy-crabs_icon.png]

[Image: puggsy-crabs.png]

Any tips and/or criticism are heartily welcome Smile

This post will be updated below with new sheets for easy access. Click on the icon to see the sheet.

[Image: puggsy-beach_enemies_icon.png] [Image: puggsy-cove_enemies_icon.png] [Image: puggsy-font_icon.png]
The credit tag should be smaller.
Yeah? TKGB's tag is pretty massive: http://www.spriters-resource.com/genesis...heet/31300

I think mine's all right. I want to keep it consistent in all my sheets, and I think that if I make it any smaller it'll be too small on other ones. It's not such a big deal anyway, right?
Well you see, he placed his credit text in such a way that it didn't out-stretch the sheet, while yours takes up more than half the sheet, which is bad. I fixed it for ya and cut down some blank space in one go:

[Image: tAigo.png]

It's much smaller, and people still get the message.
Mighty Jetters, your sheet is slightly darker than his...
The background color is. I checked the sprite palettes in both and they are the same.
How about this?
[Image: crabs.png]

Everybody will recognize Verdana 7, a bigger font is not really neccessary and only consumes more space. It looks also more professional.
That was because I made the background color slightly darker to make it easier on the eyes (because it was a bit hard on mine), but... I guess Davy wins here.

And his sheet is also the perfect example of the statement I made above about not overly out-stretching sheets with the credit text...
Right, I heeded your guys' advice and made the tag smaller, following Davy's suggestion. I rearranged the sprites and shrunk the text, but I still left the colour and actual text the same. I want to give a personal kind of feel to it, and also give credit to the original creators, so hope it's all right Cute

I think that the main reason my tag looks so large is because my the sheet only has 6 frames. My next few ones will also be fairly small, but hopefully later on stuff like bosses and backgrounds should be a bit chunkier.

Anyway, here are 2 more I ripped yesterday and today:

[Image: puggsy-birds_icon.png]

[Image: puggsy-birds.png]

[Image: puggsy-starfish_icon.png]

[Image: puggsy-starfish.png]

By the way, all of these (including the crabs) should go under the Enemies section once they're added to the site.
Don't they have hurt frames?
I really don't know beacuse I never played the game.
Nah, they just fall off the screen Mario-style in the frame they were in when you killed them. Puggsy himself has a kill frame (he flickers when he's only hurt), but no enemies have them, not even bosses.
These are really small ones. How about ripping all of the enemies and putting them on a single sheet? Or are you going to rip only specific enemies?
Well, I want to eventually have all of the enemies ripped, but I'm giving them all their own sheets because that's what TKGB did, and I want to keep it consistent. He only did Raccoons, which was fairly large, but that was because there are all different kinds of Raccoons, whereas the ones I'll be ripping will mostly just have 1 form.

But yeah, I realise these are small. Most enemies will be, as they only have a few frames of animation. Sorry Blank But, as I said earlier, hopefully I should get round to ripping some bigger things like bosses and backgrounds.
I realise this one is inhumanely tiny, but someone has to do it:

[Image: puggsy-shellfish_icon.png]

[Image: puggsy-shellfish.png]

I'm not totally sure if this is a shellfish, but it's the closest I can get.

Next I will attempt ripping some backgrounds. Does anybody know a better method than using AnimGet and Megasis, like I'm doing now for sprites?
the best in this case is to group all the enemies' sheets into one.

I understand you want to make them consistent to the already ripped sheets, but since those sheets are so small, it'd be much easier for the user to have them all in one sheet. Not only the user saves time by downloading one sheet, the admin also saves time by uploading only one image to tSR instead of having to insert them one by one.
Pages: 1 2 3 4