The VG Resource

Full Version: Yet another
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Howdy, here I am, another new guy. I've been using tSR for quite some time now, mostly to make little animated GIFs for user images (like my avatar).

I decided to join because I'm thinking of doing a bit of sprite ripping myself. As a big Puggsy fan, I've been stoked with TKGB's rips he did in 2010. I'm using them for the Puggsy Wiki that I'm making, but unfortunately he didn't really finish them all, especially enemies and bosses. So yeah, if I find the time I might rip them, and maybe even a few from some other random games on the side Wink

Also, I've been scrounging round the web trying to find a model of Guru-Guru, the "windmill guy" from LOZ: Ocarina Of Time. Recently I've been playing the new 3DS version and have become obsessed with the song playing in his windmill, and the awesome smile on his face, so I wanted to make a GIF of him (yeah, I like making GIFs).
Anyway, I couldn't find it anywhere, and I have made an extremely futile attempt to rip it myself. So, to be honest, I also kind of signed up to request it. I've seen the requesting restrictions and rules, which I fully support and respect (and find pretty clever, actually), so I'll be patient.

Apart from that, I'm a wannabe indie-game developer, currently I'm trying to make my first Flash game. I somehow manage to get myself caught up in heaps of other projects too, which I also put off due to gaming on Steam and DS Tongue Even so, I hope to be able to visit regularly and not just be someone who comes in for a request.

Well, that's about it for an introduction, I guess. Hope I enjoy my time here and that you guys do too.

Phew.
Welcome to TSR, puggsoy! You know I have to agree with you on Guru-Guru. I would rip him but ripping N64 models is probably one of the hardest things to achieve in the model world, so... I have a long wait, lol. If you'd like to try ripping other types of models though (say Wii models) then I can help you if you'd like.

I always love to see sprite rippers as well, so I look forward to seeing those too! You seem like a decent person so I hope that you enjoy your stay here and that you'll become a good and active member of our awesome community. Smile

(Also nice sig. Tongue)
Welcome aboard. Looking forward to seeing what your game is all about.
Thanks for the welcome, guys.

That kinda sucks about N64 models, but hey. Unfortunately I don't think there's a Wii version of Guru-Guru, otherwise that might work. However maybe ripping it from the 3DS version of Ocarina Of Time would be easier (albeit ironic).

I've just done my first rip, very easy using Megasis and AnimGet. I'll do more, but I'm wondering how to make those icon images like this:

[Image: raccoons_icon.png]

Do I just submit my sheet and an admin makes it, or do I use a template, or what?

EDIT: OK, so 10 minutes after I posted that I found this thread. Sorry Tongue