The VG Resource

Full Version: What type of fanbase do you dislike?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
For me, it would have to be the Sonic fanbase. So fucking picky about everything...
Is there any sort of community that doesn't have more shitheads than actual great people?

It is a rhetorical question. The answer is none.
I'm a part of the sonic fanbase, and I'm not picky, unless it's food.
i dislike fanbases full of people who devote themselves fully to a single franchise. seriously, there's nothing wrong with liking a show or a video game or something, or even buying merchandise if you're really into it, but there's no franchises out there worth devoting all of your time to.
I've never run into any fanbase that didn't have some really stupid people as a major portion of it.

Zelda fanbase is just hilarious.
Spiral Knights fanbase thinks they have so much control over the devs.
Touhou fanbase is crazy.
Star Fox fanbase wants SF64 remake, then when it comes out, they want a new game instead.

That said, just because a fanbase contains a large number of idiots, doesn't mean that everyone within it is an idiot as well.
the true question is: "what type of people do you dislike?".

'Fanbase' isn't a very defining word because see Sploder's post. The majority of them can be annoying people, but we can't wrap all of them in a single way; that's preconception. We can have fans that are actually nice people, we can have fans that are pathologically crazed about the franchise.

I think that anyone that focuses too much in a single franchise is very annoying to everyone, because 1-they can't talk about anything else, 2-it is generally annoying and 3-are extremely close-minded because they think that said game/artist/media is the god's gift to the world.
Do PC elitist count?
<insert console> fanboys

Team fortress 2 fans

Oh, and people who like luigi
luigi is a terrible character
I'm sure he didn't mean everyone was bad in fanbases, and while I do side with everyone else here, I do have to agree in the fact that a lot of Sonic's fanbase is being pretty unfair about all of the games they've released. I for one enjoyed (if not loved) practically every game I've played in the series, and it just seems like if it's not one thing wrong it's another. As far as I've seen they seem to want games that are just like the originals, but if they try to make something like them then the fans will always find something wrong, like the spin dash doesn't work exactly like it should, or the levels are too linear or the characters are garbage, etc. and I'm sure I'm the only one that is not bothered about fine details like that and just enjoy the games for what they are, and not go all "every game past SA2 saux" because I genuinely do like them all and think that SEGA's efforts should be appreciated a bit more than they are.

Oh, and go ahead and tell me about how liking Sonic Chronicles and Super Monkey Ball Adventure justifies the quality of my opinion, it doesn't work. Smile

Also Luigi is better than Mario. Smile
The Mega Man fanbase has had a surge of annoying people lately because of MML3. They like to scrutinize everything Capcom does and accuse them of hating MM and purposely taunting fans. They love to try to give Capcom a "take that!" whenever they get the chance but it's

really stupid.

I don't know why anyone would take video games that seriously.
the point of being a fanatic person towards something is a bad thing on its own. let alone be a fan of something as irrelevant as a platform, a franchise or a character.
Protip, all the fanbases filled with whining fanboys or fangirls who devote themselves to one game are most likely idiots and they're all equally bad.
Hey not all dedicated fans are bad hm?

I'm a huge Nintendo fan.
Mighty Jetters loves Bomberman Jetters.
Devicho loves gay skeletons.

We don't hate those people. Do we? Do we?
minecraft fanbase

this topic is hella dumb tho??
I'm just going to say

the MOTHER series fans that hang out on starmen.net?

they're assholes

But yeah, for the most part this topic just seems like it's gonna start a flamewar..?
Pages: 1 2 3 4