The VG Resource

Full Version: Demo 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's a rip from the tech demo "Demo 1" for the PS1.

Section

[Image: Section.png]

Dino

[Image: Icondino.png][Image: Iconmanta.png]

Enjoy!
Oh, good job!
That texture is huge for a PS1 game. I guess it helps space to have only one model on-screen though, huh?
Wish I could rip those two models...
btw these two models are available on most of the "PlayStation Demo One" series.
Also, where are the Dinosaurs eyes on that texture? And didn't the texture have transparency originally?
(12-23-2011, 12:06 PM)Friedslick6 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, good job!
That texture is huge for a PS1 game. I guess it helps space to have only one model on-screen though, huh?
Wish I could rip those two models...
btw these two models are available on most of the "PlayStation Demo Disks" series, not just the first one.
Also, where are the Dinosaurs eyes on that texture? And didn't the texture have transparency originally?

I was wondering why I couldn't find the eyes on the textures, I couldn't see it anywhere when I looked into it. It might be a sprite, or something else, not quite sure.

Yes, the textures do have transparency, I made the whole sheet the same color that's being used for transparency. That's something I usually do for my uploads.
(12-23-2011, 12:17 PM)Xinos Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering why I couldn't find the eyes on the textures, I couldn't see it anywhere when I looked into it. It might be a sprite, or something else, not quite sure.

Yes, the textures do have transparency, I made the whole sheet the same color that's being used for transparency. That's something I usually do for my uploads.
Oh, it does have transparency? That's a surprise.
I'll take a quick look for that eye.

EDIT: Hmm, the eye is just a polygon-coloured sphere after all.
Added Manta to the first post, enjoy! Smile
The head section of the Dino's texture is the only section that uses transparency, and it uses more than one colour for transparency. Perhaps you should replace it on the sheet with something like this?
[Image: 9fb81ab3.png]
This way you can keep in the transparent edges which were excluded from your rip (if you want, you can compare your rip to this one and see what I mean.) Of course, the work you do is totally up to you.
Your rip of the Manta's texture is perfect though. I tried to rip it from the first version of Demo One and the texture was lacking full colours. Thanks again for the submissions. Smile
Hey Xinos, your links have expired or something.
If you're still around, could you re-upload them?