The VG Resource

Full Version: Earthbound Battle Backgrounds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Does anyone have any bits and pieces of these lying around? I'm not asking for any specific ones in particular, and they don't even need to be complete or have notes on how they are meant to be animated. I'm just looking for even single layers of any given battle backgrounds from Earthbound or Mother 3.

I'm planning on using what I can within a day or two, I just randomly thought of this now, so no biggie if nothing turns up. I was just throwing this out there on the off chance somebody had PARTS of the incredibly large amount of background layers in Earthbound.
Do you mean like these? http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/4651/...rounds.png

I guess each enemy has their own battle background, and each has two layers (those are only the second layer).

There's a few pieces on the site here and here also.

I'll eventually rip through all the backgrounds. Some are hard to differentiate between the separate frames in-game (ex. minerali), but nothing impossible to do.
That's actually the kind of thing I'm looking for, thanks. And I don't need them 100% accurate.

For what it's worth, I also saved a bunch of the backgrounds from Earthbound, but since I wasn't going on accuracy I don't have the complete cycle of color changes, nor a list of which background goes with what enemies (which would be kind of redundant anyway since many enemies share both background styles AND colors).

Thanks though, these are some of the cool ones I couldn't have ripped on my own in my timeframe.
I've heard somewhere that those backgrounds (principally Earthbound's) are generated by programming so there aren't any exact animation loop to be ripped. I think there are some graphics to be ripped, though.