The VG Resource

Full Version: Whaaat? Baegal is Spriting again?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's been awhile, but I've been going through old files and found an old sprite I made, and decided to revamp it.

New is on the left, old on the right
[Image: brqwf.png]
C+C is appreciated.
I actually like that character a lot
only crit I really have is about your use of value, your shades don't really describe the shape that it is supposed to- like on the body I can't tell what shape that's meant to be
Thanks, but I didn't make it up. It's from a manga.
By the ambiguous shape on the body, are you looking at the one on the right? TBH I don't know either; that one's a year old, I have it up for comparison.
If you're talking about the new one, can you point it out or something? I'm not sure what you mean :I
I'm talking about the left sprites
the shade makes the body look kinda rectangular but it looks like you're going for more of a cone shape and I'm not really sure which you are trying to describe
unless that is a cast shadow of the arm but that would be inconsistent with the rest of your lighting
if you want it to be consistent then the shade on the frog head would have to be on the other side of the face, the crescent you have there doesn't look like a natural reflection anyway
Ok, gotcha. The body is supposed to be a coat, basically. I'll try to play with it tomorrow.
I see what you mean about the reflection on the frog head, but I'm trying to keep it close to what it looks like in the manga. Should I move the highlight on the right a little more in?
[Image: IORUF.png]