The VG Resource

Full Version: loz Remake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been a Long while since I've done some pixel art but I downloaded zelda1 the other day on 3ds and decided to maybe make a revamping project- who knows how far that will go
[Image: lozrevived.png]
they're all pretty wip-y right now, moblin more so then the others
zelda is mostly based on official art, oh and many of the colors are stolen from other zelda games
anyway if this is something you guys would like to see more of then I'll be happy to post more
also feel free to crit but I already know a lot of the technical problems that my sprites have at this point in the process

make the moblin look more bulldog like
Like Dem Legs™ on Zelda.
slowly building onto my pile of scraps
also the puglin is intresting cause link's awakening actually had two types of moblins
one type with the scrunched bull dog face and one with a piggy snout

worth mentioning that those tiles are place holders and same for the rupees till I get around to making proper sprites (the rupees turned out pretty nice though)
currently trying to make a side sprite for link but its looking more iso then I want
If someone did a romhack and replace all the original sprites with yours i'd play it for sure.
And I've never been able to bring myself to play the original for more than an hour.
It's hard going into Zelda 1 blind, but I'm actually having a lot of fun playing the game after doing a little research (like learning how to pick up the lvl. 2 sword)
to bad replacing the sprites would require a programmer starting from scratch basically considering the huge difference in size and proportions between my sprites and the originals. Also if I do full animations they'll probably be a little longer then the 2 frame zelda 1 walk cycles
I don't even know if this is going to be an actual game or something

but I'd like to make the music for it if it ever happens :----)
I'd almost go with an original zelda game if you were to make this a game, your sprite work is gorgeous.
If I was going to make something original it wouldn't be a zelda game at all
my "plans" going into this was just a Zelda 1 dx, with revamped sprites, characters, story and well everything else
I'd do something of my own invention but I don't think people would get behind that
nothing to impressive to show today
just tried to design an armos and a vire
also toyed around a little with link's walk cycle but I didn't get anything good
(12-17-2011, 09:51 PM)Zac Wrote: [ -> ]If I was going to make something original it wouldn't be a zelda game at all
my "plans" going into this was just a Zelda 1 dx, with revamped sprites, characters, story and well everything else
I'd do something of my own invention but I don't think people would get behind that
I dunno about that. Indie Games is a growing industry, bro.
All over my face.