The VG Resource

Full Version: DS .NSBx format
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking into ripping DS games now, and I've discovered the common nitro format, but I'm not sure how to go about converting these. I hope there's some simple method available?

I extracted the narc to find 1 NSBMD and several NSBCA files.

Any advice?
This method and other variations of it are the most common way of ripping NDS models.
You could also wait for the next version of lowline's Console Tool to be released, which is planned to feature .NSBx model/bone viewing and a decent model export option.
Also, DeSmuME has the capability to dump models with UVs within the program. I`m sure if you look around you could find a version of DeSmuME with the capability activated, after which you would only need to apply an animation hack to capture a model unposed.
Of course, there may be simpler alternatives to ripping from DS emulators altogether. 3DVia Printscreen, GameAssassin, 3D Ripper DX, bla bla bla...
Good luck.
(12-13-2011, 07:50 AM)Friedslick6 Wrote: [ -> ]Also, DeSmuME has the capability to dump models with UVs within the program. I`m sure if you look around you could find a version of DeSmuME with the capability activated, after which you would only need to apply an animation hack to capture a model unposed.

I'm actually looking for a compiled build of that version. I have this DS game on my archives that I want to rip, but the problem is that practically all of the files in that game are stored in a single .pak file, and it's not even a standard DS NARC.
Have u try to search on the web if somebody has released a script or a tool to extract .pak files? Actually there is a .pak extractor script made by chrrox if i remember well, but only for wii .pak format. I have no idea if it could work with ur files. (it's difficult but not impossible)

EDIT: I can advise u to post a sample file and the name of the game. Actually one of the best archive crackers is Aluigi the creator of quickbms.
You could ask even at him on his site.
An update, the MKDS Course Modifier released by MKDS has a NSBMD model viewer in it that supports bone viewing (but it is not able to convert models.)
[Image: ohoho.png]
If you captured this model with any of the available model capture programs, you could use the bone reference models provided to recreate the bones for a near-perfect rip.