The VG Resource

Full Version: The Spritework of One Krazeh Being
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I feel some kind of deja vu, but here goes it. I've got sprites to showcase, an edit and a bunch of customs. Some WIP. I won't tag all the WIPs though, just the obvious WIPs. I need notes on how to fix Azala. It turned out much less a sprite than pixel art for some reason.

Customs

Mordecai: V1-[Image: mordecaisprite.png] V2-[Image: mordecaisprite2fixed.png]

Finn the Human: [Image: finnthehumansprite.png]

Rigby: [Image: rigbysprite.png][Image: rigbysprite2.png]

Dimentio: [Image: dimentiosprite2.png]

Dr. Robotnik: [Image: pingassprite.png]

Scrafty: [Image: scraftysprite.png]

Aang: [Image: aangsprite.png]

Asdf Person: Unshaded- [Image: asdfunshaded2.png] Shaded- V1-[Image: asdfsprite.png]

Charlie Brown: V1-[Image: charliebrownsprite.png] V2- [Image: charliebrownsprite2.png]

Fat Princess Sprites-
Hi Five Ghost: V1- [Image: hifiveghostsprite.png] V2- [Image: hifiveghostsprite2.png] With Knife- [Image: hifiveghostspriteknife.png]

Problem Sleuth- [Image: problemsleuthsprite2.png][Image: problemsleuthvampiresprite.png]

Spy and Spy- [Image: th_spysprite-1.png][Image: th_spysprite2-1.png]

Azala- [Image: azalaspritewip.png]-WIP

Edits
Demon Girl- [Image: th_demongirl.png]
right now, you need to drop the gradient shading and start learning some proper use of highlights and lightsources. the colors you have been using are quite off, most of the tend tobe way too dark or poor in contrast wich, adding the heavy use of black outlines ins mall sprites, results in a poor readbility. specially when you try to jam way too many details into a small space, blackoutlines tend to cluster and eat everything around them.

your linework suffers from some critical jaggy lines all over them. wich also affects in a big way the general anatomy and desing of most if not all your sprites.
(12-13-2011, 02:16 AM)M9999 Wrote: [ -> ]right now, you need to drop the gradient shading and start learning some proper use of highlights and lightsources. the colors you have been using are quite off, most of the tend tobe way too dark or poor in contrast wich, adding the heavy use of black outlines ins mall sprites, results in a poor readbility. specially when you try to jam way too many details into a small space, blackoutlines tend to cluster and eat everything around them.

your linework suffers from some critical jaggy lines all over them. wich also affects in a big way the general anatomy and desing of most if not all your sprites.

Ah, I see. I've been getting that a lot, but no one really elaborates on HOW.

Could you give me some examples?
there are examples on your signature. there are plenti more examples and definitions on the spriting dictionary pinned in this very forum.