The VG Resource

Full Version: Pianta and Noki Models
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since Super Mario Sunshine has such a wide variety of Pianta and Noki models. I wouldn't mind seeing all the models ripped since they have different colors, genders, costumes, younger versions, etc. I'm sure there's a whole lot.
(12-09-2011, 11:53 AM)A.J. Nitro Wrote: [ -> ]Since Super Mario Sunshine has such a wide variety of Pianta and Noki models. I wouldn't mind seeing all the models ripped since they have different colors, genders, costumes, younger versions, etc. I'm sure there's a whole lot.

Sorry it's been a while without any word on this...I was able to get the models extracted from the game files, and now I'm trawling through them trying to find the Pianta models. There's a ton of models, and I have no clue on the names of anything, so it's time consuming. :p

So far I have what looks like a child Pianta, and some models for their accessories (hat, glasses, etc.). Once I can find a way to convert the BMD into a DAE or something, I'll send them your way.
Okay, thanks for letting me know.
(12-22-2011, 12:41 AM)John2k4 Wrote: [ -> ]Once I can find a way to convert the BMD into a DAE or something, I'll send them your way.

Maybe Noesis will work?
Oh, does it? I haven't even thought of that...
--

The BMD models themselves do not open.
[Image: TMP0002.png]

However, I can export them to a 3DS format. THe only problem there is they seem to have issues applying the textures.
[Image: TMP0003.png]

Yes I know it's Piantas but the Yoshi folder was the first one I saw. :p
Theoretically, someone with knowledge of the Collada DAE format and the source code to bmdviewer2 could make a version that exports fully rigged .DAEs, which would be completely awesome. Someone, make it happen! Big Grin
Hm, perhaps this will work? I found it here. You'll want to read the readmes that are there too.
Ah, I have SZS Tools...I'll need to try them. Smile

Thinking of SZS Modifier...oops.
I had to use SZS tools to get the models out in the first place...how did I forget that? :p

-

If anything, I can load the 3DS models into Noesis and export them to OBJ/DAE from there. I think the textures are messed up because the filenames were not saved correctly.
Hmm, I wonder why BMD Viewer won't work?
BMDViewer is what I am using...the models are initially BMD, and I use BMDViewer to convert them to 3DS (which is the only export option).

Textures seem like they do not want to work. :/
Odd, the textures always work fine for me. The real problem is that the .3DS format doesn't support bones. Otherwise, I would have been a lot more enthusiastic about ripping Galaxy models.