The VG Resource

Full Version: William Shatner's Tekwar (Finally)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, there's a lot I have to say about this submission, so after the sheets I'll get into that.

Player:
[Image: tekwarjakecardiganicon.png]

NPCs:
[Image: tekwarcopicon.png] [Image: tekwarfemalenpcicon.png] [Image: tekwarhomelessnpcicon.png] [Image: tekwarmalenpcicon.png] [Image: tekwarpanhandlericon.png]

Enemies:
[Image: tekwarapronguyicon.png] [Image: tekwarassassinicon.png] [Image: tekwarfemaleguardicon.png] [Image: tekwarfemalethugicon.png] [Image: tekwargrenadiericon.png] [Image: tekwarrespiratorthugico.png] [Image: tekwarsecurityicon.png] [Image: tekwarsoldiericon.png] [Image: tekwartaserthugicon.png] [Image: tekwarthugicon.png] [Image: tekwarturreticon.png] [Image: tekwarundercovergunicon.png] [Image: tekwarwarbrideicon.png]

Bosses:
[Image: tekwarcarlylerossiicon.png] [Image: tekwarconradlowellicon.png] [Image: tekwardallasdimarcoicon.png] [Image: tekwarfinalbossicon.png] [Image: tekwarjanusicon.png] [Image: tekwarmartydollaricon.png] [Image: tekwarmilesconnoricon.png] [Image: tekwarsonnyhokouriicon.png]

Zip:
[Image: tekwaricon.png]

It sure is nice to get a decent sized submission in again, it feels like it's been a while.

Anyway, a couple things of note here: a lot of these enemies I named based entirely on appearance. In my limited time playing this game (and it was VERY limited and I can't get it to work on my computer anymore) I ended up not being able to find much of a difference between any NPC guys and straight-up enemies, so I mostly put the characters that didn't immediately try to eviscerate me in the NPC corner and pretty much everybody else who isn't a mission ending boss in enemies category.

Another thing to note is that none of these sprites are in the default palette used by the game data files because it was incredibly dark with very low contrast (almost like dark gray silhouettes) which is not how they appeared ingame. I messed around with the palette to make them look much more like they did ingame, and they look much better for that but I suppose in a way that also makes them somewhat less legitimate. I don't know, this is just the way I like them.

So now that all of that is out of the way, I'll try to see about the last couple things on my rips log. See you all later.
These are great rips, buddy. Great job Wink
A little upset that there's no Shatner sheet. Wink

Awesome job. Glad you're back!
Quite marvellous! I had this game as a kid I think Tongue

Good job! Big Grin I've got them all online for you now Smile