The VG Resource

Full Version: Atomic_Noodles Spriting and Pixel Art Mix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A WIP Sprite Sheet of the Male Knight, Still need to finish alot... xD
[Image: Knight_Test_2.png]

Wolf Icon or something, for one of the summons of the characters.
[Image: Wolf_Avatar.png]

Class Icons, for the Necromancer (Purple) and the Demonologist (Red)
[Image: heretic_class_icons_by_haimerejloh-d4hz4r8.png]

Edit:
New Base Design of a Sprite one...
[Image: HF_Form_Test.png]
Cool.
avoid one word posts. warned.

@ OP your sprites are messy and jaggy, work more on your outlines to smooth out any jagged lines. Also, it's interesting for you to study anatomy and shading basics, as they aren't good yet. For example, the knight's pelvis area is totally weird and the faint colors blend together, hampering readability. His head also looks misplaced compared to his body. The wolf's completely wrong shading-wise; where is the light coming from? I can't tell it. If the shading doesn't give your work a 3D feeling, then it isn't good. That's what shading is for.

You are bad mainly because you don't take time to finish your pixelart. If you study enough and spend more timeon them, then it may look good. Try fixing them, other members will also try helping you on the way.
(12-06-2011, 12:42 PM)Accelgors Wrote: [ -> ]avoid one word posts. warned.

@ OP your sprites are messy and jaggy, work more on your outlines to smooth out any jagged lines. Also, it's interesting for you to study anatomy and shading basics, as they aren't good yet. For example, the knight's pelvis area is totally weird and the faint colors blend together, hampering readability. His head also looks misplaced compared to his body. The wolf's completely wrong shading-wise; where is the light coming from? I can't tell it. If the shading doesn't give your work a 3D feeling, then it isn't good. That's what shading is for.

You are bad mainly because you don't take time to finish your pixelart. If you study enough and spend more timeon them, then it may look good. Try fixing them, other members will also try helping you on the way.

@ The Knight, I was sorta thinking the same thing, but this was my real first attempt at Spriting so I was expecting to hit some problems as you said.
I was also thinking of making the characters somewhat bigger to give me more room for detail, and to make the sprites emulate the same size comparable to a DS Resolution to the PC Resolution.

The reason for the head being somewhat out of place is because my plan originally was to make the body customizable, similar to Modern-Day Games, but allowing it to be done on even small scale sprites.

I have alot of knowledge about anatomy, but it's hard for me to try to make the anatomy look right on a very small scale. So it's still somewhat awkward for me.

The Wolf's Head is supposed to appear in a small box that appears when you fight them (In which case it's facing left) and if summoned (facing right), The Portrait was supposed to be mirrorable, and like I said just earlier... I'm not good from the transition from Traditional to Digital as of yet. But still learning.

Edit:
[Image: Knight_Test_3.png]

I redid the Knight one, this time it only has 15 Colors maximum used.
A sprite that small shouldn't have 15 colours. For that particular one, try your luck with six. The colours also blend together a lot, as you don't have nearly enough contrast in the shading. It doesn't help that he's in an very generic pose that makes it very difficult to read his body.
Yeah, more colors doesnt mean a better sprite. Pixelart is a type of art where you economize, actually.