The VG Resource

Full Version: Borg Nukem (A Duke Nukem 3D Total Conversion)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, I'm returned with a relatively small submission. Since I'm probably best known here as the guy who rips a lot of modifications and total conversions of retro first person shooters, I figure this is a quick and painless way to start my gradual return to the spriting community.

As per usual in my threads, click the game icon here for a link to a full download of the sheets and icons:

[Image: borgnukemicon.png]

Duke Nukem 3D has had its share of modifications, but compared to games like Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, and Half-Life the mods and TCs are usually somewhat lacking on the creativity side. Most of them are simple map packs that throw Duke into random locations, and occasionally there will be a map pack with images from a show plastered all over the walls ingame and it'll be called a themed Total Conversion.

Borg Nukem is one of the few Duke TCs that really shakes things up with new enemies, weapons, and multiple levels with coherent level design that blends together very nicely. It has about as much effort put into it as an expansion pack for Duke Nukem would, so I figured there's really only a few Duke Nukem mods worth ripping and this is one of them.

Here's what I ripped out of it:

Playable characters:
[Image: borgnukemdukenukemicon.png]

Enemies:
[Image: borgnukemborgdroneicon.png][Image: borgnukemborgenforceric.png][Image: borgnukemborgensignicon.png][Image: borgnukemborgqueenicon.png][Image: borgnukemklingonicon.png]

Anyway, at the risk of straying off topic, I'd also like to ask a question to help solve a dilemma of mine. I've ripped another Duke Total Conversion called Mystique: Ages in Time as well as Witchaven II and William Shatner's Tekwars, but for the life of me I can't find the names of all of the characters and creatures that I've ripped. I'm just about ready to submit them, but I don't want to make the icons with false names (that pretty much happened with the first Witchaven) so I have to ask: do I just vaguely name the sheets things like "Warrior Enemy" or "Tall Monster" if I can't otherwise find correct names? Once I have a good idea of what I should do in this instance I'll have a few more games worth of sprites to submit.

But until then, cheers and congrats to the site on breaking 40,000 sheets.
I would try to come up with names if you can't find them. A lot of people do it anyway!
That's what I'll do, thanks for the input Big Grin
Awesome, look forward to seeing some more! Whoever came up with this idea is pretty nuts...