The VG Resource

Full Version: Cave Story+ Sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Don't know if Cave Story+ is a Steam-only thing, but all I know is that it has updated/enhanced graphics by default. It looks way different than the classic Maple Story looks, and I was wondering if someone could rip them.

Old/New:

[Image: TMVTf.png]

Please don't go nostalgiafag on me, it's not my intentions to say that the new graphics are anywhere near better than the old ones. I just merely find it a necessity to have both on Spriter's Resource. Plus, I want the Curly sprites!

Thanks and I hope someone does it.
All I can say it looks a lot diffrent from the console version(s).

I think it could be ripped using the same method as the origional Cave Story, and I can have it going on windowed if I could but if I remember (from experince) games like that + anim. get would murder my laptop.

Plus I don't think there's anyway to directly rip from steam yet, but is it possible to play it windowed and screencap from there?
I found a cracked version and I can have them up in a day or two, I just need to convert them to PNGs, otherwise it would be a crap load of BMPs.
I'm pretty sure I found all the sprites in the package contents of the game on my mac... (I didnt get it from steam I got it from apple games)
So I'm not really sure 'ripping' would be the right word for getting those.
(11-28-2011, 10:58 PM)Deathbringer Wrote: [ -> ]I found a cracked version and I can have them up in a day or two, I just need to convert them to PNGs, otherwise it would be a crap load of BMPs.
Go for it. They are almost exactly the same as the ones from Cave Story for the Wii, but with all the changes made to the PAL version as well as the new stuff for the Wind Fortress... did we even have a complete set of the Wii sprites, or were we missing a few things?

Either way, I can't imagine taking credit for this kinda thing, since they are BMPs and all.
http://s560.photobucket.com/albums/ss42/...cavestory/

There are gaps here and there but I'm going to check another version to see if they're fixed.
---
I checked the WiiWare version and it looks like it's the same files as the PC (literally the same bmps except they're compressed which DSDecmp remedied). And those seem to be more usable for some sheets (i.e. no gaps).
Neat! Those look great. Good luck on the other version.
http://s560.photobucket.com/albums/ss42/...20WiiWare/

This is mostly everything from the Wii version (didn't do the small scale sheets since those would be the same as the PC) and includes the original and PAL versions of sprites/artwork.