The VG Resource

Full Version: Social Sites Added
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You can now edit your social networking sites into your profile, so people can find you easier on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, and other things that nobody uses.

There's a new link on your User CP, and near the bottom of the links on the left, there's a Social Sites section.

Smile
That's pretty awesome! I just added my Facebook and YouTube channel. Cute
The Facebook link seems to be broken. I just had a very quick look so I'm not sure if you entered your URL wrong or if the site is incorrectly formatting the link but something is amiss.
It works fine for me. Did it even take you to Facebook? I have my profile set to Private, I think.

Also, I had to enter the profile ID part of the URL that came after "facebook.com/" because I don't have a custom link title thingy like you guys have, I dunno how. That may be what's wrong.
Jetters' facebook redirects to mine.
(11-27-2011, 03:18 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: [ -> ]It works fine for me. Did it even take you to Facebook? I have my profile set to Private, I think.

Also, I had to enter the profile ID part of the URL that came after "facebook.com/" because I don't have a custom link title thingy like you guys have, I dunno how. That may be what's wrong.

Private won't affect it.

But when the link is broken on someone's Facebook button,
it'll always redirect you to your own page instead.

I'm not even sure if Facebook has a 404 page.

In Jetter's case, it's probably just because there's no custom URL set up on her profile.
Oh monkeys in a barrel.

Does Deviantart count as a social site too? It seems to have a social history of it's own, just askin'.
(11-27-2011, 03:18 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: [ -> ]Also, I had to enter the profile ID part of the URL that came after "facebook.com/" because I don't have a custom link title thingy like you guys have, I dunno how. That may be what's wrong.

In order to personalize your url, just go to this link. http://www.facebook.com/username/

I'm pretty sure it should work.
And this doesn't hurt my Facebook profile name, right?
(11-27-2011, 06:45 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: [ -> ]And this doesn't hurt my Facebook profile name, right?
Nope, just changes the url that corresponds to your profile. You can only change it once though.
Fixed, it will work now.
That's pretty cool. If you could, it would be nice to also have a Tumblr option as well, though.
(11-27-2011, 09:11 PM)RétroX Wrote: [ -> ]That's pretty cool. If you could, it would be nice to also have a Tumblr option as well, though.
Your wish is my command!
I believe that's the correct logo?

edit: Added DeviantArt as well
DA doesn't work - for one, the generated link misses its http:// part (thus redirecting to a nonexistand page on TSR). Second, it doesn't make a correct link anyway since I'd have to enter my username after deviantart.com/ so the system would accept it but it really shouldn't go there, DA uses 'username.deviantart.com'.

But thanks anyways Wink
Fixed - the system automatically put the username on the end of the URL, so it did both the start (where I told it) and the end (where it assumed it should go) thus screwing it all up.
And I forgot http:// because I assumed it would automatically do that Tongue
Pages: 1 2