The VG Resource

Full Version: Revisited
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
NEW
[Image: ibzhPrT7gZGAH0.gif]
[Image: ikk9PeG2xH2J0.png]
Attempting a Sonic Advance style.
its more like you basically doing absolutely nothing but downscaling some bodyparts.

the feet doesnt make any sense.
You can see the differences now.

[Image: iby7vmdnPLFQlV.png]
I think Sonic's eyes should be a bit smaller.

He looks like he's surprised or something right now.
The problem is that it doesn't actually look like Classic Sonic. It looks more like a slightly less saturated Modern Sonic with big eyes and new shoes. Are you using a reference?

You could try following this, or look through some images here. You could try making him a bit chubbier, and his spikes don't droop down that far, they need to stick up more. Lowering the saturation on the blue and skin colors might help too. Though I know most Advance sprites use fairly bright colors from what I remember, so I'm not sure if it'll fit in as well. The pupils could also be a liiiittle bit bigger so it doesn't look like he's freaking out. And you have his left (our right) ear sticking out in the opposite direction like the original sprite, and it looks funny. It should probably be moved up on his head a pixel or so, should point upwards slightly, and face us a bit more (maybe have a tiny bit of the inside showing). His right (our left) ear should also probably turn just a bit more to the right as well, I think.
I've been working on it a bit, here it is.

[Image: ib2w0wf9DKIcly.png]

Try to make his head a little more round at his left (our right) ear.
That's an improvement. I would personally get rid of the brown pixels under his eye though, since it kinda looks like he has a mustache.

His left (our right) ear also looks too rounded, it should be a bit more pointed. Otherwise, I can't see much else besides the fact that the upper-right corner of his head it too blocky and flat. You might try to round it out some.

EDIT: Beat by Yo-Yo Boy on the blocky head part.
(11-23-2011, 05:11 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: Beat by Yo-Yo Boy on the blocky head part.
Yay! I can give succesfull critism.
I tried to round out his head and shave his mustache off! Tongue

[Image: ikZDgVmpmvDfJ.png]
Looking good!
Just remove the dark blue pixel under classic sonics right ear and i'll be satisfied.
He can't do that or it'll look blocky again. See?

[Image: ytEhT.png]
(11-23-2011, 05:31 PM)Yo-Yo Boy Wrote: [ -> ]Looking good!
Just remove the dark blue pixel under classic sonics right ear and i'll be satisfied.

Our left.
Oh, I see. But it looks better with the pixel under it IMO.

[Image: ikZDgVmpmvDfJ.png] [Image: ZfN77.png]
I meant the one that's slightly to the right, sorry.
Heres an edit just in case.
[Image: 4viDy.png]
Moved his left ear a little too and edited his head shape a little.
The pixel is not present in this edit.
Pages: 1 2