The VG Resource

Full Version: Nick's Pixels'n'stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Project Pocket Monster Hunter:

Original Post:
not bad. the antialiading on the "chaos soda" could use some work(or actually, remove it altogther)
Why does this make me nostalgic.
I has added more stuffs and anti-anti aliased the Chaos Soda text on the poster.
Buildings sure are time consuming to make!

EDIT:
Cars!
This is really cool! The only thing that bothers me is the road facing towards us. The way you have it now, it looks like it's going down a wall (unless that's what you're intending, but I really doubt it). Try making it wider as it gets closer towards us, like this sidewalk?
[Image: 150px-Shields_Road_-_geograph.org.uk_-_154128.jpg]
Sorry, foreshortening isn't really my strong suit :U
I was seriously about to try a city escape tileset! (Though If I tried it it'd look like crap.) Really cool!
(11-22-2011, 04:23 PM)Baegal Wrote: [ -> ]This is really cool! The only thing that bothers me is the road facing towards us. The way you have it now, it looks like it's going down a wall (unless that's what you're intending, but I really doubt it). Try making it wider as it gets closer towards us, like this sidewalk?
[Image: 150px-Shields_Road_-_geograph.org.uk_-_154128.jpg]
Sorry, foreshortening isn't really my strong suit :U

I actually did that on purpose, so it could be tiled (it's supposed to be sloped), but I'll add a perspective one.

EDIT:
Added more stuff, including a road in perspective and the trolley!

EDIT2:
I think it's about done.
those are some extremely weird scaled cars you got there.
I agree.
I made an edit to your car.
[Image: Wqdpw.png]

The problem was definitely the front wheel being too far back, so I moved it a few pixels forward.
I also made an edit to the grille because it was too big.

Edit- I had nothing better to do and your car was obviously meant to be a Ford Crown Victoria, so I sprited one using a side view reference from an actual Crown Vic.
[Image: cSBu3.png]
The shading and some of the lineart is pretty terrible, but the proportions are all correct.
Feel free to edit this and use it however if you want. Hopefully it helps.

The biggest problem though is that nothing seems to go together. You've got your sonic-y looking background in the background, then in front of that are buildings that are just kind of.... there.
In front of those are your regular old reddish brown bricks, which abruptly go into those sonic-y looking triangle brick things, which instantly turn into those different, larger bricks with the large amounts of grout and there's really no transitions between anything so it all clashes really hard and to be honest, looks really busy and bad.
None of it really fits together.
Thanks for the feedback, Vipershark.
Quite ironic, while I am known for my SMK edits/customs, I'm terrible at cars (not just pixelling, but drawing them in general). I didn't even know the brand of the car. I just used screenshots of the Generations version as reference.

Aside from tiles made for my own games, this is the first tile-set I tried to make (sorta) in style. The two sheets on the main site were extremely lacking in my eyes, so I attempted to create a tileset as complete as possible.
The example doesn't seem to do my work much justice (not to glorify my tileset, since you made good points).

Well, I tried. Live and Learn.
I don't think I'll do much more with it and hopefully it's still useful (you just gotta love those sexy G.U.N. crates). I'll take this practice and lessons and apply them in the future, so I'll be an even better spriter.
I love the tileset you made here.

My only complaint is that while the foreground looks good, the background looks somewhat "flat". I dunno how to explain it properly but it's like a Super Paper Mario background or something
it actually looks extremely saturated(in terms of background objects).

somehow, it resembles mroe what one would see in a bubsy game..
G.U.N. Truck Escape on YoYoGames
Bored. so I made a microgame demonstrating the possibilities of City Escape and mainly this:
[Image: guntruck.png]
That's some serious banding on the pipe. It's doing that "staircase" thing.
The truck looks amazing. Perhaps you can separate the truck into two parts? Say the truck goes over a hill, It'd look weird to see it on top of the hill in that way
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12