The VG Resource

Full Version: American Television?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Considering how diverse the people from this forum are, I thought it would be fitting to ask here since I've been wondering this for a while.

How much time do you spend watching American television shows or movies? How much of your countries' television/movies come from America?

I have friends from other countries and they always seem to be totally up to date with the more popular stuff, but I don't find that too surprising.
Do I even watch any non-american show?

Nah, I don't think so. Not as of late.
Everything that I watch that isn't anime is american.

edit- wait
i watch the british top gear
Yeah other then Doctor Who and some Anime, things I watch on TV are american.
I think it is safe to say that alot of TV now days (in the UK at least) is American. The only trouble is we tend to be being with alot of shows.

For example: I can go on a torrent website, download an entire series (season) of something while America is half way through the new series. Not really a big deal, unless you know someone from America who keeps spoiling everything Tongue

Having said all of that, I only really watched 24, Broadwalk Empire, CSI Vegas (the best CSI, imo) But mostly 24. All of them. Awesome show.
Castle is basically the only live action show (or even TV i've watched in a million years)
I watch a small handful of british shows. and anime. the rest is either american or canadian. which is still american. but a different kind.
(11-18-2011, 12:26 AM)Gnostic WetFart Wrote: [ -> ]canadian. which is still american. but a different kind.

fuuuuuuuuuuuck youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

anyway, the only current american show i watch regularly is community as far as live action shows go. if we're counting animated stuff, there's venture bros, adventure time, and young justice.
I usually watch Nick at Nite when I'm trying to get to sleep, aside from that I don't really watch anything else American aside from when my internet goes out and I look at the TV while I wait for it to go back on, getting the occasional commercial and various shows I don't know the names of.
Bah it sucks. In the 90's TV was at its prime.

History Channel showed history, MTV showed music, Animal Planet showed animals, Cartoon Network showed Cartoons and only Cartoons!

Can you believe there is not a single American channel that shows I Love Lucy anymore? A television classic and masterpiece?

I watch anything BUT American TV. I do not like anything America makes anymore.
(11-18-2011, 02:26 AM)TKGB Wrote: [ -> ]I watch anything BUT American TV. I do not like anything America makes anymore.

well can i direct you to this show you might have heard of, it's pretty famous....... it's called true blood

http://i.imgur.com/KVbaX.jpg
(11-18-2011, 01:00 AM)Koopaul Wrote: [ -> ]MTV showed music

Funny story about MTV,

when it first came to Canada it wasn't allowed to be a channel that mostly plays music because we already had MuchMusic, and the government didn't like competition or something.
everything i watch is american as far as i know

in fact much of what i watch is on USA network, i take it a step further
I'm watching The Wire and Oz.
Pages: 1 2 3