The VG Resource

Full Version: Obscure RTS Sprite Ripping...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings everyone, fellow pixel art enthusiasts I guess, decided to finally register here and join with you guys...

okay so far pretty much I've been only able to "sprite rip" with screen shots and well, i think it'll be impossible to get all the sprite sets with this course of action.

The name of the game is War Wind, It's basically a Warcraft 2 Clone,

I could do this myself... but the problem is they compacted their files in something i'm not even sure myself. so I'm just stuck right now ripping their idle non-walking frames.

Here's an example of what I've extracted...they even made an error (I think) on the south version (Which I mirrored in the sample) the other 3 directions are basic mirrored ones.

[Image: Obblinox_Soldier.png]
Hi,

If you're still interested, I've looked into the War Wind resource files and I've managed to extract all media (sprites, menu graphics, map tiles, sounds, music...). I can also build maps from LVL files.
That's awesome Moonpearl, I'd appreciate it if you submit them! That'd be really awesome Big Grin
I will, but I don't know the right place/format to submit them. Maybe you can help me?
Sure - generally we take things in a .png format.

If the sprites are all separated, so 1 image per .png, you can either decide to make a sheet, or submit it as a .zip file.

If you like, you can upload a big zip of all assets, and I can take a look at what would be your best decision Smile
Maybe I should make a thread for this, with both sprites and explanations, shouldn't I? I can't find the appropriate section for that though...
Right, sorry to be such a pushover Big Grin. Here you go.