The VG Resource

Full Version: SSB DS doodles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's been forever since I've done any spriting, so out of boredom I decided to doodle some ideas for how a Smash Bros. for DS would look.

[Image: SSB_DS_ideas_by_GamzGuy.png]
[this is just the collection from my deviantART gallery, and the character sprites were only used for demonstration]

Any suggestions what else I could work on for it or improve about it?
Also, I wasn't planning on actually designing a game with it, buuut...if someone is interested in my work and/or ideas...
WHAT ABOUT OLIMAR!?!?

By the way, the pictochat stage would go excellent with the DS.
(08-19-2008, 08:01 PM)sky_blue_wiggler Wrote: [ -> ]WHAT ABOUT OLIMAR!?!?

By the way, the pictochat stage would go excellent with the DS.
That it would.

And I've gotta draw the rest of the icons yet, it's only a small sample so far.
I see either ahurons colors, or shrunked sprites on that sheet
AAHAAA!
(08-19-2008, 08:08 PM)Cshad Wrote: [ -> ]I see either ahurons colors, or shrunked sprites on that sheet

Those sprites are actually from some sort of card game that I think Ahoron's a part of. I've been to the site before and seen them many times and this guy didn't make those sprites meaning they were used without credit and permission.
(08-19-2008, 08:12 PM)Teeks Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-19-2008, 08:08 PM)Cshad Wrote: [ -> ]I see either ahurons colors, or shrunked sprites on that sheet

Those sprites are actually from some sort of card game that I think Ahoron's a part of. I've been to the site before and seen them many times and this guy didn't make those sprites meaning they were used without credit and permission.
Like I said, they were for demonstration only, and I wasn't ever planning to upload this "sheet" anyways. These were just doodles of mine.

Also, I had no idea where the sprites came from, I just remember finding them on my computer one day, so I must have downloaded them from a forum somewhere. Probably here a year or two ago.
Those sprites are also the original size, so I have no idea what you mean by them being shrunk.
(08-19-2008, 08:12 PM)Teeks Wrote: [ -> ]

As I said, AAHAAA!
(08-19-2008, 08:14 PM)TheGameGuy Wrote: [ -> ]Like I said, they were for demonstration only, and I wasn't ever planning to upload this "sheet" anyways. These were just doodles of mine.

Also, I had no idea where the sprites came from, I just remember finding them on my computer one day, so I must have downloaded them from a forum somewhere. Probably here a year or two ago.
Those sprites are also the original size, so I have no idea what you mean by them being shrunk.

You're pitching ideas/concepts out there for feedback. That's fine.

What's not fine is using other people's work without permission and/or properly crediting them. It's like you're claiming the other people's work as your own. That's theft and is punishable by warn and/or ban. If you find material on the net/computer and don't know or forgot who made them, ask around on the internet first before doing anything else.
(08-19-2008, 08:21 PM)Ngamer01 Wrote: [ -> ]You're pitching ideas/concepts out there for feedback. That's fine.

What's not fine is using other people's work without permission and/or properly crediting them. It's like you're claiming the other people's work as your own. That's theft and is punishable by warn and/or ban. If you find material on the net/computer and don't know or forgot who made them, ask around on the internet first before doing anything else.
Understandeable.

If I can replace them with public images of equal worth, as Wikipedia would put it, then I suppose the issue would be resolved.
I smell Homebrew.

I like the idea. To change the sprites, use some sprites from the site, even if they're style mixed right now, it's just for demonstration.
Nothing too good there, really. Except for the sprites by Ahuron or however his username is spelled, and the icons. That's about it. The rest just looks like things you just "doodled", as you put it.
Pretty cool for what it is.