The VG Resource

Full Version: Let's Play Casual Multiplayer Beat-Em-Ups!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do you like Power Stone? I like Powerstone.

Do you like Jump Ultimate Stars? I like Jump Ultimate Stars.

Do you like Super Smash Brothers Brawl?
SAKURAIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
brawl is a terrible game that nobody can be good at because you can master it in about two hours
(08-19-2008, 07:26 PM)Rubbers Wrote: [ -> ]brawl is a terrible game that nobody can be good at because you can master it in about two hours

Trufax

However, I disagree about it being terrible, if you've got a great social life and enough controllers, it's a fantastically colourful way to kill time. I'm not even joking. Now that I've got my dongel (LOLDONGLE) working, I'll be playing against some of my other friends online tonight, who play to have fun.

And not be tournyfags.
Indeed, Brawl was designed to be easier to handle and more balanced, because the idea was never to be a "tourneyfag".
I like playing brawl with friends. I played SSE entirely with another person (so it was never single player at any point). Shit rocked. It was hillarious on Hard mode.

I eagerly await the day I unlock Spear Pillar.

Any goddamn character you like.
Bunny Ears and Stop Watch only
Spear Pillar
I tried playing Jump Ultimate Stars once, but all the japanese tutorials made me stop before playing a match.
Haven't played Melee or Brawl.
I like to play DON with some friends, it's not awesome, but we like it (though I had to unlock everything, and that WAS NOT fun).
The trick to it is to find a save file with everything unlocked, and jump straight to online. If you know someone who has played the game before, they can run the whole deck-building concept past you. If you have no friends, use GFAQs. It's worth playing with once or twice, just so you can see how badass Yugi is. Heart
One Piece: Grand Battle.

Sure, it was 4Kids Dubbing, but god damn it. It had everyone I gave a shit about in the anime (First Season of course) and all Five Straw Hats. (With Chopper and Robin unlockable characters)

I really did enjoy this game. If only the game was remade, with more characters...like Crocodile and Fire Fist Ace...
*is shocked that somebody remembered Powerstone* I own both and they are absolutely great games. The multiplayer is much better, and the second exceeds the first in every way (except for removing the each super form's secondary attack). I honestly think PS1 and PS2 are much better that SSB and SSBM. Now if only they would make a #3, because the PSP compilation isn't good enough for me.
power stone is the best multiplayer game ever. peace
I played JUS, I never really understood it.

I sold it to some guy at games stop for thirty bucks.

Brawl is awesome. I have friends, both RL and Online, so it multi-player styles is hours of fun.

Power Stone?
(08-20-2008, 12:38 AM)xTYVONx Wrote: [ -> ]power stone is the best multiplayer game ever. peace

this so hard

I never actually owned it, but every time I got a chance to play it, it was rreally fun. I have the iso, but I don't use it much seeing as I can't use the dreamcast.

and I don't feel like mounting it and using an emulator.
Power Stone took the idea of SSB64 (since it was made before Melee) and had fun with it. 2-4 player Battles take place on a 3d level (which is usually dynamic is Powerstone 2). The characters, all of which are funny stereotypes, duke it out with some basic moves. They can also utilize a myriad of items that appear. The shining point of the franchise is the powerstones themselves. By collecting 3 during a battle (attacks knock them out), you can transform into a 'super' version of yourself and use devastating special attacks for a limited amount of time.

I used to be so good at Powerstone 2 back during the Dreamcast days, 3 level 8 computers were a cake-walk.
I watched the Power Stone Anime.

Am I cool or what?
At the time of its airing, I had no idea it even existed; I now own the set of dvds.
Wang-Tang, Jack, and Ryoma all the way!