The VG Resource

Full Version: Let's Play Real Fighting Games!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ITT: Soul Calibur, Tekken, Guilty Gear, and the legacies of Capcom and SNK; along with the many other Fighters out there I have forgotten.

Starting Topic: What kind of character are you? Do you go for the all-rounder with the large hitboxes? The nippy hyperactive girl who dodges hits like it's nothing? The wild and crazy oddity who can't be predicted?

I'm hyperactive girl myself. Xiaoyu is awesome.
Was playing Soul Caibur 4 about a week ago, seemed to win only with the large characters that move slow

can't seem to figure out why
Seigfried and Yunsung

Law and King

Baiken and Sol

Anything else I just choose the hottest chick, IDK.
On that note, assuming as I play the hyperactive multihit girl, who would be most appropriate for me in Guilty Gear?

GOD I HOPE IT'S BRIDGET
Bridget, Jam, or Millia
Anything fast.
I find I like any fighter who fights completely unarmed or the guy with the partisan.

Though, I'm not sure if it's hardcore or whatever, but I like Mortal Kombat, a lot. Been playing it since it came out.
Voldo, Raphael, Cervantes

BB Hood, Hsien-Ko, Jedah

<---, Sol, Faust

I'm usually a fan of the 'unpredictable' or 'fast' type.
The one who jiggles the most is the one to play as...
I tend to use Raphael and Siegfried a lot in Soul Calibur 4

also: Fighting Vipers and Virtual On were some pretty kickass games during the Sega Saturn days.

edit: spelled Virtual wrong, thinking that it was Virtua :<
I really only play Soul Calibur. But I am planning on getting Street Fighter HD whatever, and Street Fighter 4. So I guess that's good.

I'm not too skilled in Soul Calibur. If your good, you're probably gonna beat me. I'm memorizing a few of Cassandra's and Yun Seoungs moves and work from there. I'm absolutely terrible with Nightmare these days =x.

Also, anyone know how to pull off a Critical Finish in IV? Never did get the hang of it.
My play style varies given the game.
Soul Calibur: Seigfried/Nightmare, Cervantes, Yoshimitsu
Virtua Fighter: Kage, Pai Chan, Lau Chan
Virtua On: Temjin, Raiden, Ahparmd, Viper 2, Fei Yen
Street Fighter: Vega, M. Bison
Tekken: the drunk guy
Samurai Showdown: french lightning girl

You must shatter all of their armor (a total fighting vipers rip-off) to execute the finish move.
i like characters with good combos.

KOF: Kyo, Iori, Terry
SF: Ken
SC: Kilik, Yunsung, Amy/Scheherazade, Astaroth/Ashlotte
Tekken: Law, Bryan, Feng, Lee
GG: Order-Sol, Ky Kiske, Jam

i'm prolly missing a few.
Soul Calibur- Cassandra, Cervantes, Nightmare/Seigfreid, Sophitia, Maxi (Everyone is good as him), and that new girl with the giant club thing that you sometimes fight as the mid-boss who name begins with a k.

Guilty Gear- Bridget, Dizzy, and Jam
Soul Calibur - I've only played 2 (I played 3, but I didn't really like it as much). But I use Yunsung, Talim, Sophitia, and sometimes Mitsurugi.

Gulity Gear - Basically just May. I've never played too much Guilty Gear.

King of Fighters - Mostly Athena =P
Pages: 1 2