The VG Resource

Full Version: Possible Tool for Submitting Sheets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently put a project online called dispop. It was originally intended as an API for making PNG files smaller. A bit to my disappointment, no one has really shown interest in it for that use.

However, to test the API, I made a javascript front end where you can upload multiple files and have them compressed. The API keeps images around for 15 days after they've been optimized, so you could potentially use it as a tool to submit sheets to this site. I know a lot of people here use free image hosting sites, which aren't always great for pixel art. I'm offering this as an alternative.
That's actually pretty awesome. Saved me 3320 bytes on a batch of images I have lying around from Dead to Rights GBA. I'll definitely use this next time I'm about to upload a PNG to my server.
I guess I might consider using this if it's better for the site.

Only if it makes a large enough difference though because I'm really attached to imgur and min.us.
If enough people used it, it could have a significant impact, but one or two people isn't going to do much in the big picture of this site's bandwidth usage. And if you're comfortable with something else, that's cool. This is just an option.