The VG Resource

Full Version: Original Pokemon writer Takeshi Shudo has died
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://kotaku.com/5676457/pokmon-writer-61-dies

Quote:Yesterday, Pokémon writer Takeshi Shudo was rushed to the hospital after suffering a hemorrhage and collapsing at Nara Station. He has since passed away. Shudo was 61 years-old.

Shudo created TV anime Fairy Princess Minky Momo and worked on various anime through the 80s and 90s. He became the chief writer for the original Pokémon television series and went on to write the first three Pocket Monsters feature films.

Sad
Well that's just awesome. How many amazing people have we lost this year?

I didn't know who the writer was until now, but the original Pokemon anime was one of the most wonderful things to watch back in the day. This is just horrible. I thank him for the fun-filled series he has created for us. Rest in peace.
Quote:Shudo was 61 years-old.

Taken too soon Sad
Fairy Princess Minky Momo.
The news article says "2010", though, so it happened last year.

Either way, still sad that he's gone.
Oh what the hell. I saw October 29 and thought this happened yesterday. Blank

Why did I hear about it until now? :<
(10-30-2011, 07:08 PM)Keychain Wrote: [ -> ]Oh what the hell. I saw October 29 and thought this happened yesterday. Blank

Because TSR is slow at posting news in the general discussion
(10-30-2011, 07:08 PM)Keychain Wrote: [ -> ]Oh what the hell. I saw October 29 and thought this happened yesterday. Blank

Facepunch.

o_O even though he died last year - i did not notice it