The VG Resource

Full Version: DK coin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: zSLJ3.png]
(Doesn't look exactly as depicted above)

I've lately made myself familiar with a service called Shapeways, which, in a nutshell, prints your 3D model into a physical object.
I made this DK Coin, which is available in two different gold platings and the default white plastic. It's 4 centimeters wide and high and 0,7 centimeters deep.
I've also made the K-O-N-G-letters but I haven't uploaded the models yet. You can check my shop for all my models. I'm also working on the other coins throughout the DKC series.
The service is really awesome and I encourage everyone to join.
Oh wow, this is a pretty awesome site!

I've got AutoCAD from my school, and my problem is I can't print anything out at our 3D printers since it would be for a hobby and not for a project. I'll have to bookmark this and do stuff for it.
Aw man, that sucks. But then again, what materials would've your 3D printer supported anyway?
Shapeways has a lot of different materials whereas "normal" 3D printers only have a few.
They supported whatever plastic it is for rapid prototyping, I forget what it was. It's a very textured material, but it's pretty durable too. And it was the only material they printed on, so...

Anyhoo, definitely gonna try this service out. It doesn't look like I have to pay a service fee, so I'm very much liking this site.