The VG Resource

Full Version: Metal Marines
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: metalmarinesgameicon.png]

[Image: mmmetalmarineicon.png] [Image: mmenemymarineicon.png]
[Image: mmtransmissionsicon.png]

Yay SNES! Would someone mind clarifying the etiquette for updating a thread with more sprites? Should I edit this post, or post replies in this thread with future Metal Marines submissions, or a new thread entirely? Thanks in advance~
Cute
Keep updates in the same thread, but it's your choice whether to update the first post or not with new rips (most people do), and yes you post replies to show more sheets (and don't worry about double posting here). Smile

Nice stuff!
Wasn't it possible to separate the background from the sprites?
(10-10-2011, 05:32 AM)Davy Jones Wrote: [ -> ]Wasn't it possible to separate the background from the sprites?

I'm pretty new to this, so maybe some other program could've done more. I tried disabling layers though, and the chair and the transmission screen images were on the same background layer. Sad
The layers in zsnes aren't able to separate everything, but vSNES could help you out:
http://www.spriters-resource.com/communi...#pid403153

Thank you, sir Genki ^_^ I'll look into it and try to fix the sheet. That looks like a very useful program to have.
Edit: I tried everything, but even when separated the screen layer keeps a chair-shaped hole cut out of it; it was drawn to have the chair in front of it. Sad Though I could erase the chair and leave chair-shaped holes in the sheet if you guys think it would look better. I could also take out the transparency now, but then they'd have solid blue backgrounds and be more difficult to piece back together right. Thank you for recommending the tool, it's awesome stuff! Big Grin
Submitting:
[Image: mmenemymarineicon.png]
Another thing with transparency layers, vSNES is probably the best tool in regards to that, but if you feel intimidated by it you can also disable transparency effects in the snes9x emulator.
I've uploaded this stuff for you. Would you mind having a look here to see if they're sorted correctly?