The VG Resource

Full Version: How to import in Unity3D 3.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody! I was just trying to import the "Dumbo" model in Unity3D when something strange happened. The model is fine, but there aren't any textures. Then i tried to download some other model, and the same thing happened. Please help me. Go to the ling to see how it looks like.
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/2895/pic1wy.png

Thanks in advance, BigM94.
Well you should be able to assign the textures after importing. They're all included.
you problably is not draging then to the material folders in unity (yeah i use unity too im doing a game).. there are materials but without any 2d textures attached to then, you have to drag the textures you want (you can tell because the materials folders have the same name of the textures) as soons as you do that the dumbo will be texturized

(but dumbo?? come one man.. make a game with megaman x 8 models)
every material has the texture accept one named "Dumbo-No name", when i put something there, the whole object has just that one texture... please help.

(i want to create a kids game)
That's more of an issue with your engine to be honest. You'll have to look at the help for it on assigning textures/materials if you want to understand that better for that program. Unless someone here knows the program, we can't help in that respect.
well.. im gonna try to put in the easiest way possible but i find it very hard to explain

lets say dumbo its a model with 3 separated groups

ears, body, eye iris

then when you downloaded the model it came with 3 separated img files, the texture ears, the texture body and the texture eye iris

when you export the model to unity, it automaticly create 3 materials in the material folder, the name of lets say these tree materials are : mat body, mat ears mat eye iris , you found then 3 in the material folder of unity (you can also see this folder as a blue folder name material on the inspector screen while you are editing your game)

if you click in one of these 3 materials.. you will see they have a slot saying "2D texture" so thats where you need to place the corresponding 2d texture, you will have to drag the img over there, or, click on the search button and find the texture by yourself, dont worry as long as you already imported the model and img files to your game's asset folder, you will find it easly by the name

so you have to assign the ears img to the ears material, the body img to the body material and the eye iris img to the eye iris material.. and after that the dumbo will be texturized, drag him to the game just to check if the textures are all in place.... also you will see a lot of shadows, you can fix that by adjusting the shaders

if you still have problems.. try here http://forum.unity3d.com/forums/10-Unity-Support, i aways go here

or you can add me on msn [email protected]

and please dont put dumbo on your game, put kratos, or someone from resident evil =D