The VG Resource

Full Version: How to rip PS2 games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(NO ONE Will answer my questions grr) so.. yah. How do I rip from PS2 games?
Which game do you want?
Most games uses different models, compressions and stuff. There's no miracle formula to all of them
oh. XD. I want to rip Klonoa 2 models. I own the game, and the PC reads it so... I can get the files.
I have no idea
But a good place to start looking is the Xentax wiki. Another thing you can do is trying to use Noesis, it's a powerful tool and it supports many formats. But I really don't know much about PS2 ripping myself so...
Neosis didnt work. But thanks for the help. Neosis has lots of file types
There are currently no tools to rip PS2 models.

If you looked in the model section and read threads like this one and and this one you would have realised your question has already been answered.
anyone know how to rip sprite from dragon shadow spell -a ps2 game. It has dat file like the other ps2 game but i dont know how to extract it
Geez, Geomar, no need to be rude.
@Goemar : Those are looong threads, Goemar. Not everyone got time or patience to check, or even is used to forums. And it's going to have many other times, so... Heh

@ dragonite : .dat are usually one of the many generic names the companies give to their own compression stuff. Like .bin, .pak and so on. From which company? Have you tried the mentioned xentax wiki and noesis?

@josh: You started the thread being 'rude' too :p

(09-27-2011, 06:15 PM)josh98 Wrote: [ -> ]Geez, Geomar, no need to be rude.

When people don't answer your questions it's normally because of how you ask them. Ripping models generally means you need a fair bit of knowledge of how stuff works and asking in the way you did comes across as "I know nothing about it, haven't google searched or looked into things, someone teach me everything!"

Google, youtube and the search option here are good places to search to get help before asking. Asking such generic questions as "How do I rip?" is not going to get a lot of feed back. If you've done some research, got something, and then came across a problem you can describe in detail people are more likely to help as it gives them something to start from.

Yes I am a smeg head.
Well.... I am going to study the Hex structure.
One thing you might want to try is the 3D Ripper DX and an emulator before trying the hex. It not always works on PS2 games but it worth a shot if you have a powerful computer
ok. I will be trying that.
@ultimecia: it's from flightplan, it's looks like disgaea series or Soul Nomad & the World Eaters so I don't know how people can rip sprite from those game and I think the method to rip sprite from my game and those game are the same. So can you tell me how to rip disgaea series so i can figure out more about my game. Moreover do you know GGD tool http://www.crimson-penguin.com/GGD.php I cant the link for it, thanks
I'm going to look into Dragon Shadow Spell for you - I'm now getting a copy of it. Looks kind of like Ragnarok Online more than Disgaea though. We'll just have to see if it's simple enough to do.