The VG Resource

Full Version: Need help with these sprites please!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wasn't sure where to post this honestly (in here or in Requests), but here goes.

I posted in Ripping Questions asking about Tile Molester the other day, and that was about these cocoon sprites (or whatever it is). They're from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (yeah, again), and are part of Jirachi's tiles. In that image, I've put together the tiles but am unsure how they should look as I can't find them in-game and am growing desperate at this point.

Wondering if there's a program or something out there that can automatically assemble them for me (Tile Molester doesn't do it, I tried. However I don't exactly know what I'm doing either).

Moral of the story: Came across these sprites in the tiles that I can't find in the game, therefore am unsure if they're put together right. I'll be extremely grateful for any help and will even credit you on the sheet. I think that's enough now.
What kind of files? If they are NCER, NCBR, and NCLR then Glycerin Map Viewer should work.
These tiles are from a Gameboy Advance game, I just don't know how they're supposed to be assembled as I can't find the sprites in-game. I hope I didn't make the first post confusing (probably did though, sorry).

I'm starting to think I won't be able to find a proper solution and will just have to leave them as they are though.

Thanks anyway.
Oh, PMD Red... oops.

Beats me, then.

I don't know how similar the two games are, but maybe you'll be able to find it in PMD Blue?
Yeah, they're exactly the same except for version-exclusive Pokemon.

I'll wait a bit longer before finalizing it.

EDIT: Mostly wondering if anyone's got any suggestions of what I should do now.
You could post the tiles? Most tiles follow a pattern, so just try slapping them together the same as the other tiles.
I did post them in the first post, but here they are. The lines of tiles aren't all the same.
Figured out part of your problem then, you need to use the +/- keys to realign the tiles in Tile Molester. Then use the fixed alignment to do the sprites.
I was getting ready to try that out just now, only I can't tell what is what without the right colors. I finally figured out about the XML document, but when I loaded the palette it looked like this. I know it's not the .TPL file because I loaded it in Tile Layer Pro and it looks fine. I don't know how to fix this...
Holy crap how did I miss that?

And it looks more like swirly energy to me. Hence the possible bits around it, rather than a cocoon.