The VG Resource

Full Version: The Wii Disruption Theory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://malstrom.50webs.com/birdman.html
A theory by a guy named Sean Malstrom that seems plausible. What are your opinions on it? Do you think he's onto something, or is he full of it?
VERY tl;dr so I skipped a lot of it to look at the graphs and whatnot

but from what I did read, that made a lot of sense
I think he's onto something
Holy shit.

That's actually pretty damn good strategy. I never thought about this that way (then again, I'm not business-minded to begin with), but if this works out for Nintendo like this guy projects, Nintendo will be able to keep hold of it's grasp well into the next generation.
Well, I'm no business expert, but I did find this one very interesting, and now I could actually kind of see the Wii sitting on top of this Console War by the end...Not saying they will, but this strategy does seem to be working well

I do have to say one thing though...I never would have thought of a Strategy like this, and I'm impressed how thought out that was...This article gave me some faith about the Wii's future...I should keep this in mind for my business classes this semester =P
I saw people flying. And a dog. Then I closed it.
It's ok: it's complicated; not everybody can be expected to read things longer than a paragraph.
I read about half-way before I realized how long it was, but yeah, I got most of it, it's not much of a theory, it seems factual to me. The future of gaming, ironically, isn't in the hands of gamers but in the hands of the developers/publishers. :C
The metaphors get a bit too tangled later on; he starts talking about hardcore birdmen making real dogs.

It's interesting though; glad I read it.
wow. that was an amazing piece of work, really opened my eyes on the situation.

although i can't imagine that someone actually took the time to write it.
i didn't read the whole thing... maybe about half of it.

it's a pretty good read though. maybe i'll open it up one day and finish it up
I actually read through all of it, and it for the most part it made a lot of sense. Though I'm also ridiculously tired so I wouldn't be surprised if some of it was lost on me.

Honestly, the basic ideas of the strategy seem more like common sense to me then some sort of GROUNDBREAKING HOLY GRAIL SECRET or some UNKNOWN TRUTH that its apparently viewed as.

But whatever. I may post more on this subject later, I may not.

I need to go to bed~
I read the whole thing plus a couple of the other articles on the site, economics like that is so interesting to me, it's also the reason nothing ever gets invented anymore at the rate of the olden days.