The VG Resource

Full Version: Kirby Mass Attack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Hello all. Once again a new Kirby game has reared its adorable head, and as you should all know by now that's always a prompt for me to actually do something.

Anyways this is meant to be a group project and I really hope people will help out because this game has a lot of content and I seriously doubt I'm going to get through it all myself.

Info you'll need for ripping this game:

- The sheets are stored in .dat files within the rom.
- Use the codec: 4bpp Linear, Reverse Order
- Mode: 2 Dimensional
- For the pallet, use 15bpp RGB (555)

Getting the pallet is a bit tricky. From the sheets I've checked, it's at the beginning of the file, but not right at the beginning. You basically have to keep playing with the offset until you get it right. The sheet I'm currently working on used an offset of 28 but I don't know if that will be true for all of them.

Minor Enemies:
[Image: iNdx4C44vEIRV.png] [Image: iQIDFp1iBf4xG.png] [Image: iulo72RJZ96tO.png] [Image: iwT2aenbv8CAi.png] [Image: ig5svxWIMZvcU.png] [Image: ibvArDz1Da7SDg.png] [Image: iQCOwK4mWFiGi.png] [Image: iYI9VhrNBT1qA.png] [Image: 2s7aO.png] [Image: izrgPay0MTcwP.png] [Image: iCWypea6YIcrv.png] [Image: izE4ot5YpQc9w.png] [Image: ib0XtLcWM4C8Fr.png] [Image: ibjGNb4d5GrtbR.png] [Image: igbmiFmZFCQsP.png] [Image: lkj9V.png] [Image: NX9aB.png] [Image: jMN0T.png] [Image: ixqauOqb7fy42.png] [Image: ihstSbOqUknKG.png] [Image: sHTZ4.png] [Image: gUk1r.png] [Image: YUiuC.png] [Image: i92ildZBsxrqe.png] [Image: kma_minicra_ICON.png] [Image: kma_minicraspace_ICON.png] [Image: kma_mochicra_ICON.png] [Image: kma_mochicraspace_ICON.png] [Image: kma_moso_ICON.png] [Image: kma_msmogu_ICON.png] [Image: kma_uhho_ICON.png] [Image: kma_uhhospace_ICON.png] [Image: kma_badportal_ICON.png] [Image: kma_blizzaldon_ICON.png] [Image: kma_buubuu_ICON.png] [Image: kma_bombpeller_ICON.png] [Image: kma_fuwa_ICON.png] [Image: kma_delufuwa_ICON.png] [Image: kma_gaburin_ICON.png] [Image: kma_bubblefish_ICON.png] [Image: kma_skully_ICON.png] [Image: kma_skullyfinal_ICON.png] [Image: kma_lavamonster_ICON.png] [Image: kma_gatesquid_ICON.png] [Image: kma_gattyan_ICON.png] [Image: kma_delumoso_ICON.png] [Image: kma_schnoz_ICON.png] [Image: kma_guruguru_ICON.png] [Image: kma_gravey_ICON.png] [Image: kma_elebli_ICON.png] [Image: kma_elecra_ICON.png] [Image: kma_hoppin_ICON.png] [Image: kma_moriger_ICON.png] [Image: kma_rivahely_ICON.png] [Image: kma_sanchang_ICON.png]

Mid-Bosses:
[Image: ikVNPpgNPqRzp.png] [Image: MJJIX.png] [Image: kma_donki_ICON.png] [Image: kma_manpuku_ICON.png] [Image: kma_kingmanpuku_ICON.png] [Image: kma_mogu_ICON.png] [Image: kma_togemogu_ICON.png] [Image: kma_moley_ICON.png] [Image: kma_buzzbat_ICON.png] [Image: kma_skullygeneral_ICON.png] [Image: kma_megatank_ICON.png]

Bosses:
[Image: kma_utopatra_ICON.png] [Image: kma_skullord_ICON.png] [Image: kma_whispy_ICON.png]

Items:
[Image: kma_bigcandy_ICON.png]

Stage Objects:
[Image: S8fnJ.png] [Image: FOr8O.png] [Image: ibiplPF1uW38tc.png] [Image: iwybnzq9KPbvX.png] [Image: i3Ytr9BG6Wyc0.png] [Image: i7tbHSBpXPRoj.png] [Image: kma_balloon_ICON.png] [Image: kma_balloonship_ICON.png] [Image: kma_balloonmushroom_ICON.png] [Image: kma_bat_ICON.png] [Image: kma_bigpullplant_ICON.png] [Image: kma_biggear_ICON.png] [Image: kma_bigegg_ICON.png] [Image: kma_dandilion_ICON.png] [Image: kma_hyokkori_ICON.png]

Kirby Brawl Ball Minigame:
[Image: kma_marx_ICON.png]

Kirby Quest Minigame:
[Image: kma_kirbyrpg_ICON.png] [Image: kma_waddledee_ICON.png] [Image: kma_squishyflotzo_ICON.png] [Image: kma_j2_ICON.png] [Image: kma_swordknight_ICON.png] [Image: kma_gomon_ICON.png] [Image: kma_frosty_ICON.png] [Image: kma_kawasaki_ICON.png] [Image: kma_bonkers_ICON.png] [Image: kma_bugzzy_ICON.png] [Image: kma_daroachrpg_ICON.png] [Image: kma_sweetstuff_ICON.png] [Image: kma_dedederpg_ICON.png] [Image: kma_dededebot_ICON.png] [Image: kma_metacrew_ICON.png] [Image: kma_mkrpg_ICON.png] [Image: kma_swordmatter_ICON.png] [Image: kma_darkmatter_ICON.png] [Image: kma_rpgfield_ICON.png] [Image: kma_rpgvictory_ICON.png]

Backgrounds:
[None Yet]

Unused:
[Image: v64qM.png] [Image: kma_hammerknight_ICON.png] [Image: kma_pregordo_ICON.png] [Image: kma_preufo_ICON.png] [Image: kma_spiky_ICON.png] [Image: kma_dragon_ICON.png]

Feel free to claim dibs on stuff that's not on the list yet. However please note that I will only count your dibs if you provide proof that you're actually making progress on the sheet. Please don't say "I want to do X" and expect everyone to sit around and wait for you to start it; as far as this project is concerned every sheet is considered open until some actual content for it has been shown.
Good to see you again! Oh and we already have quite a bit of stuff on the site already, but there's still a lot to rip.
http://www.spriters-resource.com/ds/kirb...index.html
Okay that surprises me because I scoured the forum first to make sure this hasn't already been done and found nothing. I take it that whoever submitted these did not go through the forum then ...

Anyways I'll add those ones to the list so we know we're already done.
I DEFINITELY wanna rip some from this game. But for now I'll hold off a bit.

Good luck with this!
Cannot wait for more of this. Only two bosses? Wow.
No there's more ... it's just that I'm only to the second world so far and don't know everything in the game. The list is very very incomplete.
Ah, ok. I thought you had a full list. Wink
Nah, someone else who actually knows what they're talking about should write the list probably.

Anyways I'm pretty sure this is done ...
http://drshnaps.com/shnaps/sprites/kma_d...ot_FIN.png

Now I'm working on Sword Matter. Not much to show yet but here's some proof I'm working on it ... http://drshnaps.com/shnaps/sprites/kma_s...er_WIP.png
(09-20-2011, 06:46 PM)Drshnaps Wrote: [ -> ][Image: kma_dededebot_WIP.png]

I'm unsure if I need to point this awesome thing out, but this happened.

Skip to 0:29.

To get the assembled sheets, use this unpacker (open the program, drag&drop the folder with the .dat files onto the program), then use Oil of Vitriol to view the extracted files (drag&drop the files onto the appropriate rectangles). ;]
What section should that mech go under? Minigames?
Yeah, I think each minigame is going to need it's own section though because they all have too much material for single sheets.

Also I'd prefer to wait until I got the entire minigame ripped before I submit them. I'll make icons when I'm ready.

(09-21-2011, 04:04 AM)Barubary Wrote: [ -> ]To get the assembled sheets, use this unpacker (open the program, drag&drop the folder with the .dat files onto the program), then use Oil of Vitriol to view the extracted files (drag&drop the files onto the appropriate rectangles). ;]

Barubary you are a god. You are always making my life easier. You really ought to stop that before I get attached.

Anyways is there any way to export each individual "piece" of the sprites?
Barubary really is amazing with his DS knowledge...
(09-21-2011, 10:52 AM)Drshnaps Wrote: [ -> ]Anyways is there any way to export each individual "piece" of the sprites?
I can't really go any smaller than the frames you see from the NCER files. One step 'below' that is the OAMs, which still need assembling if you wanted just an arm, which is not much more than what you see in the tile viewers (except with the blocks separated).
I can make it export the OAMs if you think it's useful though.
Yeah that's pretty much what I mean.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13