The VG Resource

Full Version: Pixel art of Pokemon Elite Four Lorelei
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was working on a pixel art of a character who has Lorelei as a base so I did a pixel art of Lorelei too. Please let me be submitting this properly.

[Image: Lorelei_Icon.png]
[Image: Lorelei.png]
This needs work. Don't submit custom sprites until you've received some feedback from the community to see if it is good enough to be submitted.
In future, post your customs in the 'Spriting and Pixel Art' board to get some criticism before submitting.

Moved.
[Image: 292pxelitefourloreleizw0.png]
so you basically did a poor trace of the original artwork on ms paint, gave it a lackluster shading, and that instantly turns it into pixel art.
(09-18-2011, 10:30 PM)Ikaruga Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 292pxelitefourloreleizw0.png]
so you basically did a poor trace of the original artwork on ms paint, gave it a lackluster shading, and that instantly turns it into pixel art.

Sad You don't have to be mean about it Cry
Well this isn't gonna go anywhere fast.

thing is I can't tell if you're ether trolling or being a complete idiot. but lets get one thing straight, unless you're experimenting with palettes and shading techniques, your not gonna gain anything with tracing as an art in general.
i'd say that, if this was posted as a submission, there is basically nothing experimental about it.

however, you should start by taking the time to shade this properly, least you can do if you're going to trace something is to do it properly, so it would at least resemble the source (wich happens to be right there).

but yeah, don't trace/reshade/recolor stuff and/or dont post or submit it to the site or pass it as something custom. because it ISNT.
(09-19-2011, 08:25 PM)Ikaruga Wrote: [ -> ]i'd say that, if this was posted as a submission, there is basically nothing experimental about it.

But that's only because the OP doesn't want to put the effort in and actually look at and learn what he could do with it.

that and posting it as a submission and getting it moved here means he could actually do with some advice.
Why am I getting Deja Vu...
That was a pretty useless bump.
(09-21-2011, 11:38 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]That was a pretty useless bump.

It was only one day.
so can we just lock this topic now.

I really don't see what good can come out of this thread at all at this point.
He means that it was a useless post.

Well, I wonder if this should be locked seeing as OP appears to be a bit... you know.

EDIT: D'oh, Diogalesu got it first.
Eh, whatever