The VG Resource

Full Version: Need some help ripping snes backgrounds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me with something. I'm trying to rip the background from stage 2-1 from the All-Stars version of Super Mario Bros.

I was able to remove all the layers of water, tiles, etc. The part I'm having trouble with is the waves that are going over the background distorting it. Basically theres a series of horizontal lines across the whole screen about 5-10 pixels high that goes up the screen and pushes the pixels to the left and then to the right. It's a bit hard to reposition the distorted graphics though.

I'm using snes9x to look it over right now but I can get any other emulator that might be able to help.

Basically, I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way to remove the filter causing the waves or to somehow rip the background without the distortion.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Those lines are the fault of your emulator they shouldn't be there at all. You need a new emulator, or a different version of the same emulator, or a new computer.
Or:
http://www.vgmaps.com/Atlas/SuperNES/ind...ioAllStars