The VG Resource

Full Version: Sephiroth sprite BETA NOT FINISHED!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 264pc41.jpg]
First sephiroth sprite by me first sprite that ive made so its not so great just comment...........................go crazy
[Image: 2s9bw1y.jpg] UPDATE

dont pay attention to the sprite above
Why is the Sword Attached to his crotch?

Anyway, first off, It's JPEG'd. Fucks up the quality. Secondly, The sprite looks fucked up period. Some Parts you have shading, and others, you only use one color, His hair isn't long enough, the wing looks nothing like a wing, And, like I said earlier, he's not even holding his sword, it's attached to his crotch.
First things first, Chanege the file type to PNG.
1)his hand is behind him holding the sword u cannot see it because its a 2d picture and 2) i'm not all that good at wings if i had some help i would perfect it and 3)yea i will lengthen the hair and 4) its not attached to his crotch
Hey, go read the rules while I move this to where it belongs.

I'm serious, go read them.

Now.

Edit:

Ok, I'm rested and capable of tearing this down now.

Lets start with the fact that this is not pixelart right now. It's a JPEG'd piece of garbage, loaded with artifacts. The Sheet is too large for the sprite, and now for your main problem.
Here is a good reference for Sephiroth.

Use it.

Look at it.

Now look at yours.

I do not see the same character here. In yours I see a man with a crappy carboard wing, a crotchsword and a broken left leg. Don't outline in gray, if you need to differentiate the glove from the suit, do it with color and shading not more gray. Sephiroth's a lefty anyhow, so put the sword in a hand, and re-upload in a non-jpeg format. Then we can help you with your shading.
This is a pretty bad edit of Leon's sprite.

Besides that....it's just..really odd looking, like, I can't really understand what's going on with his clothes or anything, and the wing is pretty malformed.

The shading (on the parts that have shading, at least) doesn't make any sense and his sword looks jagged and unevenly made.
Not to mention Kefka is 80 times better then that mamma's boy you seem to have edited a sprite too.

Listen to Zee and make an arm so that way that sword looks attached to something over then his crotch or move it up or down to give it the same effect.
Even if it was 3d, the angle of view prevents you from seeing his arm. While there is nothing inherently wrong with hiding a body part from view, concealing an important on is a bad move.