The VG Resource

Full Version: question about xbox modding
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
as I understand with the new generations of video game consoles you cannot simply use an iso image you have to have a modded console connected to your pc. is it the same for the original xbox because the image I have of my game is very different then my ps2, gamecube, and wii images.
Well first of all, you're talking about something really unrelated to 3d stuff so I'm going to have to move it.

To answer your question though, you always had to have some kind of mod to play non official games except for maybe the first cd based systems. And even for PS3 and Xbox 360 you still basically use an ISO though for the PS3 you just use the files on the disc rather than make a full ISO. For Xbox 1 I believe it was similar based on my experience with a friends console. It had to be modded, but you would load the game files onto the hard drive and play it that way. I never had one though so I can't help you with that much more.
thanks I actually meant get the files though from the xbox