The VG Resource

Full Version: tSR Charity Fundraiser
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://gameathon.spriters-resource.com/

Quote:Introduction
Hello folks!
As you might have guessed by the name, this is a gaming related event held by myself and a close friend of mine, Greg. We will be playing through as many retro videogames as we possibly can from start to finish for a straight 24 hours. That means we'll have a lack of sleep to deal with.
We're raising money for the games based charity, Games Aid.

Who is going to be involved?
Games will be played out by me, Dazz, and my good friend Greg. We'll have assistance from another person (not yet confirmed) to deliver us food, drinks, and be a technical engineer with our live stream.
We're going to try and get some special guests voice in over Skype and show support through there, so you might hear from someone of interest to you too!

Can I watch?
We'll be streaming the event live online, so you can see the action of the game, as well as what me and Greg are up to during gameplay... Since we tend to really get into things.

Will you be aiming to beat records?
We aren't aiming to get high scores or even good scores, we simply plan to complete the games from start to finish. We're not really good enough to beat any records, since those are held by the best of the best...

Warnings?
The major warning is that you might hear some swearing during the stream, as that is generally the way we deal with frustrations within a game. You'll also witness some pig ignorance, but what else would you expect?

How can I donate?
You can donate using the Just Giving link to the right. Just Giving is a charity donations platform for causes such as this. Here is a basic rundown from the guys themselves;
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving – they’ll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they’ll send your money directly to the charity and make sure Gift Aid is reclaimed on every eligible donation by a UK taxpayer. So it’s the most efficient way to donate - I raise more, whilst saving time and cutting costs for the charity. So please dig deep and donate now.

I'm fairly certain you can donate from any country, and they accept paypal, so it's all good! Get donating!
More details will be revealed over the next couple months.

Please help us reach our goal! We'll be adding more information as it comes to light, and even a newsletter no doubt.
We'll try and put a few chatrooms together as well so you can talk to each other during the event.
You should also do Majora's Mask (Or Maybe OoT, OoT doesn't take too long to beat..)

Also when is this over? I can probably donate some money on Friday if it lasts that long.

Edit: Oh it happens in December? Then I have plenty of time to donate things B)
I think you missed the point of it not being single player games?

Also, OOT and Majora's Mask would be incredibly boring to watch, and take me and my friend much longer than an hour to complete. We have some people donating based on how many games we get through.
you can't play turtles in time.
i am not present and you'll die too many times >:{

you can make it up to me by having me guest star during that segment!!!!!! i will lead you all to victory like george patton

besides, who's going to be P4 in Turtles in Time? pizza boy can't do it, he'll be too busy giving you food, drinks, and recording the stream. so, let it be me

Question: Are you playing these via emulators or playing the actual physical cart on the console? If you go the MAME route play Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow over Mystara. Please. Cry

actually if you got 4 arcade sticks, hooked them up to a computer connected to a bigscreen (hint hint) and had an arcade game marathon that'd be one of the best marathons I'd ever seen
I'd suggest some beat'em ups and shooters there, but the list would just be too long.
Call Jordan and Jon and bring back TSRadio's Fridaydays
it'll make the irc more popular as well
I just donated.
Those of you interested, SEGA and Gameloft have signed on as sponsors, donating games for prizes. We'll be dishing them out but we're not sure how we'll do so yet- most likely host quizes and stuff throughout the day.

We've also confirmed the date for January 6th-7th.

We also increased the goal, since we almost hit the original goal in the space of a week...