The VG Resource

Full Version: So new Pokemon Game Maybe?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Serebii.net Wrote:Pokémon Game Announcement Incoming? + Mewtwo Event

TV Tokyo has posted the summary for the episode of Pokémon Smash, a variety show that covers all aspects of the franchise, due to air next week on Sunday 18th of September. In this summary, it mentions that Pokémon Game Creator, Junichi Masuda is set to appear on the show with a massive shock announcement. While it is possible that the announcement could be unrelated to a new game such as the reveal of Keldeo or the other new Pokémon, his announcements in the past similar to this have ended up being new games. This follows on from Pokémon Company CEO Tsunekazu Ishihara hinting that there are more surprises coming this year. If it is a game announcement, it's possible that the reveal of this game will be in CoroCoro, which is due any day now and/or in Nintendo's special 3DS conference in Japan on Tuesday morning. We'll bring more on this, including confirmation on the announcement as and when it comes.
Edit @ 20:58 BST; The official site's Pokémon Smash site also details this, but doesn't reference Masuda's appearance, but states that "Latest Game Information" is to be revealed. This does not necessarily confirm the above, but leads in the right direction
Edit @ 00Cute4 BST; Something that may destroy the flames; Pokémon Smash's episode just aired in Japan and mentioned that Mewtwo is to be given away through an event soon with details to be revealed next week. The preview showcased Masuda coming in and showing a sign, blanked out, with a caption saying that there's a revelation of the Present.

Please new game set in Orre Nintendo
pleaseeee
If it's a game, I wonder what in the world it could be if it's not Pokemon Grey or whatever? This kinda has me wondering.

But I always despise Event Pokemon because I can never get them. :I
I kinda hope that it is the 3rd installment to the black and white games. Mainly just so I can get it for my niece for her 8th birthday.

Also hoping it isn't for the 3DS due to that.
If it's a third version then I hope that it actually has a better meta game.

because right now that is what's holding back this generation.
A better Meta Game...

I'd rather there not be tournyasses clogging up the Pokemon games mainly because they make the game less fun and are boring to deal with since it is only the same few pokemon using the same moveset, which pretty much makes thing boring.

Still, they are not nearly as broken as Wobbuffet, but as long as they continue to think Wobbuffet sucks, I'll be happy. (Most do not realize how broken it is)
thing is, once you beat black or white you really have nothing to do to actually help you.

You can't re-battle trainers or gym leaders, and even if you find the most powerful trainers there is a very few things to actually motivate you to play the game.

also less linearity please.
There is a reason why I breed.
I liked the tournament things actually. It felt like something kinda neat to do, competing against others besides normal Trainer battles, even when they aren't real people.

Just like the GCN Pokemon games, I liked showing off the Pokemon I had to the computers. Shy
If they do do Pokemon Grey, hopefully they'll atleast add some move tutors or something. Atleast more than the pledges/hyper beams
Maybe the third game will have one of the not yet shown Legendaries as the mascot for you to catch, like Genesect, or Keldeo/Meloetta or whatever.
Give Kyurem an alternate forme and give him Snow Warning thanks in advance
Hey guys if you haven't noticed it still hasn't been a year since B/W's been released in Japan. Why are most of you even thinking details of a 3rd game would even surface in less than 12 months after release?

Also the idea of the Mewtwo event being related may be still plausable as Masuda may give details on Mewtwo's new level 100 attack Psystrike.
Better yet, how about Pokemon Stadium 3
Colosseum 3ds remake Big Grin
(09-11-2011, 08:58 PM)Untitled Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys if you haven't noticed it still hasn't been a year since B/W's been released in Japan. Why are most of you even thinking details of a 3rd game would even surface in less than 12 months after release?

Also the idea of the Mewtwo event being related may be still plausable as Masuda may give details on Mewtwo's new level 100 attack Psystrike.

You really can't expect much with pokemon except there being a 3rd game to the series, when this game will happen, no one will know, but it will happen.

For example, remakes will probably happen too, but not until the remakes are absolutely needed and yet people still act as if the 10 year thing even holds true (it doesn't, FR/LG came out only 6/8 years after first gen, depending on the country you look at.)

tl;dr Anything can happen, they could suddenly have it come out tomarrow, and if 3rd game to the series comes out I really really hope that Kyurem is not the mascot because I'd personally find that really really dumb. (It's not as cool looking as the other two)
Pages: 1 2 3