The VG Resource

Full Version: Help with a screen recorder please.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Basically I need a screen recorder which can run lag free, or very low lag, so I can record a series of Metroid:Zero Mission Lets plays, using VBA (visual boy advance) hopefully.
I have tried hypercam and it makes it lag bad. Any suggestions please? Thanks in advance Smile
And I'm not that good with all that big computer vocab Blank
Again, I'm also interested in recording high definition pc gameplay. My graphics card has an hdmi video out - would connecting this to an internal hdmi video capture card work?
So long as your graphics card is outputting an HD signal and can handle the extra drag, any decent screen capture software can record a 1:1 scale recording. (note: HD screen capture is a lot more demanding than standard, for obvious reasons.)
Hooking up an hdmi video out to an external video capture system would be good, but looping it back to an internal card would just be slowing the process down, think of it step-by-step, all you're doing is outputting a duplicate signal before recording and encoding it, with screen capture software it grabs the signal you're already using and records/encodes that as you go.

I've always liked FRAPS, but there's a free alternative too, Debut.
http://www.nchsoftware.com/capture/index.html
Important to note, there is a paid version with a trial, once that runs out you can just update it to the free version.
(the free version just removes some of the more advanced features, like capturing to flash video, and there's a little "buy it now" splash screen)

It's part of the NCH toolbox, which is a nice collection of software designed to cover a bunch of requirements, I've recommended it to a lot of people by now.
Um, I'm not that good with all that computer vocab, could you simplify that? Unsure
Install the free version of the software I linked, it does good screen recording.