The VG Resource

Full Version: [Fangame] [In development] Dream vs. Dream [Artists needed]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone on tSR! I'm Knightmare; I'm new here. I am developing a 2D fighting game a la BlazBlue/Street Fighter/Melty Blood etc. It is based off of the semi-popular surreal horror/adventure game Yume Nikki and a few of the equally good fangames that have been inspired by it. This is a VERY ambitious project; and my goal is for it to be at least to equal to doujin produced games like Melty Blood and such. I hope to both create a unique and balanced fighting game that is simple to learn and difficult to master, and to spread the popularity of YN and the other fangames who have content from them in this game. It will feature 38 characters and and nearly as many stages.

Here is a short little blurb about the mechanics of the game; if there is enough interest in the project, I will post a full list of content including characters and stages.

In this game, you need to work to unlock your special moves (called Effects), your Supers (called Special Effects), and your Ultras (called Dream Enders). At the beginning of a match, you start with only your normals and some command attacks, which are specials that are integral to your character. As you hit and get hit, you build on your Dream Progression meter for the Path you're on. As the meter passes checkpoints on the bar, you unlock moves from the Path you're own.Paths are sets of three Effects, one Sp.Effect, and one Dream Ender. Each one has a different mode (Aggressive, Defensive, Mobility) and you can switch between them in battle (not during combos) but each one has their own Dream Progression meter.In addition to this, you've got Guard Breaks and Mind Crushes. Guard Breaks happen when the Guard meter fills up the top and you get attacked. If your guard is broken, you are very temporarily stunned and left wide open. Mind Crushes cost two units of super unit, but they knock enemies back a great distance and can be activated at anytime, even as you are getting comboed. Lifebars in this game are actually three in one, so the battle lasts longer. General gameplay/combo system is somewhat like that of Melty Blood.

Now, I have recently hit a huge block in my development of this project. Without sprites, I can't properly start coding and creating hitboxes and all that for my first demo that I'm ready to start development on. Now, I am not an artistically inclined person. I've never been able to draw well my whole life despite my efforts. I'd never be able to get the sort of quality that I need for this to live up to my expectations.

So, I am hiring artists! If you would like to be a part of this, I need your work to be of a certain quality. However, since I recognize very strongly that this will be a massive undertaking, I am willing to pay money (PayPal only) for your help with this project. I'll go on a "name your price" basis. I beg that you don't be too unreasonable, as I am not an overly rich man, but whatever you choose to take for the job should be told to me before we start work so that I can figure out if that is something I can do.

I have all of the ideas already in mind so that you won't need to figure anything out for me, and I have plenty of pictures of the characters and backgrounds that I need drawn so that there will be no vagueness in what you need to draw. That said, I encourage creativity and if you ever have an idea for how something could look, feel free to suggest it!

Thank you for reading this, everyone. I hope to hear from some of you soon!