The VG Resource

Full Version: Drej's Dreadful Drawings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, here's a big, mega art dump of mine. Right now, I'll start us off with the latest in Chaos Theory: a silly random comic I do just for fun and practice. I'll be having a lot going on in this threrad, but if youre at all curious about the rest of CT, I can post up some links later.

[Image: CT044.jpg]
Austin Powers? Whuts that? Tongue

[Image: CT045.jpg]
A classic Rocky and Bullwinkle joke with X-mens.

[Image: CT046.jpg]
Men get sexualized way too much in comics.

[Image: CT047.jpg]
Exactly what the title says :I....

[Image: CT048.jpg]
The bottom of the page got stained so I had to cut it short.

[Image: CT049.jpg]
No really, Herge had a strange aversion to drawing women. And the few he did draw were always the motherly or grandmotherly types.

[Image: CT050.jpg]
Menace Beach was a crappy 80's videogame famous for only one thing: in between levels, the heroe's girlfriend would show up with her clothing "rotting" off. And in the early Gen13 comics, Fairchild had an odd tendency to lose clothes. Its only Inevitable that I'd put the two things together.

[Image: CT051.jpg]Its official: I have no brain.

[Image: CT052.jpg]
I need to be more accurate and sensitive to the way I portray characters...C.C. would never go with extra cheese.
...oh...kay?

And now, here's a series of "warning" pictures I did. I was going to do more, but they wound up being almost all comic related.

[Image: catholicwarn.jpg]
Sad thing is, I'm a baptised Catholic

[Image: animewarn.jpg]
Yoh wound up being too big, but it was a good Yoh, so I guess the other guys are farther into the Background.

[Image: mysmalldarkhorsey.jpg]
And now, for one of the more unusual MLP artworks.

[Image: wildstorm.jpg]
Sorry, I've mostly just read Wildstorm's 90's comics.

[Image: marvelcomic.jpg]

[Image: dccomic.jpg]

[Image: 40scomic.jpg]
Did I make it offensive enough?

[Image: 50scomic.jpg]
There really wasn't much else to say on 50's comics.

[Image: 60scomic.jpg]
Sorry, I'm too much of a Marvel person, and dang, why didn't I do Hulk?

[Image: 70scomic.jpg]
And sorry I didn't do anything for the 80's, its a somewhat foreign time for me.

[Image: 90scomic.jpg]

[Image: doubleoscomic.jpg]
i bet gillian is going to love this shit.
+1 for Invincible, Savage Dragon, Forever Man (I guess Skeleman will be okay with that, too), and what seems to be Empowered, Tintin joke
it's faaaaiiirrrrlly accurate, but it gets repetitive and just sends the message "yeah comics suck WHAT NOW".
and for this [Image: animewarn.jpg], although the same can be said about western comics.

didn't read everything because honestly it gets tiring.

the drawings. hm. they're an odd amalgamation of cartoon and western comics that just. how do i put this. to me it feels like a little bit of shift towards either style could make it better, but as of now it's not a nice balance. imo your Savage Dragon is the most "balanced" one.

also, advice: stop taking comics so seriously
Hey, I was just celebrating the unique flaws of various time periods and companies.

But good for noticing Savage dragon, Invincible, Empowered, ect. I been to several places and your the first one who noticed. Thanks.

Okay, to put those in perspective, here's some earlier Warnings I made a long while ago. They were meant to be my own response to those Black framed pictures you see everywhere (I don't know what they're called).

[Image: ageofantihero.jpg]
The way the characters are set up is supposed to be like Age of Appocalypse. And of course, I've learned of many more Antiheroes since making that.

[Image: nerdragek.jpg]
And I've learned of more nerds too.

[Image: prototypes.jpg]
Believe it or not, those are all prototype designs for General Grievous.

[Image: fetishes.jpg]

[Image: drama.jpg]

[Image: rword.jpg]

[Image: bleep.jpg]

[Image: czarczar.jpg]
Many would say its more appropriate than Har Har Tharsday.

[Image: randumb.jpg]
Kytruck, is that you?
Yeah I'm Kyrtuck, I didn't make any seceret of it.

Why? Is that a ban hammer in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

Oh well, if its the first option then why don't I put this up:
They're some things I submitted to Fireball20xls Samurai Pizza Cats comic, when they were looking for a new artist. I didn't land the gig.

[Image: SPCsample4.jpg]

[Image: SPCsample3.jpg]

[Image: SPCsample2.jpg]

[Image: SPCsample1.jpg]

[Image: SPCsample5.jpg]

And then I also did a bunch of studies of the show:
Expressions

Characters

Other characters

Buildings

Other
Didn't know girls had dicks.
Some said Lady Gaga did.

Anyway, for some filler, I've got some worst-case scenario predictions of how a comic character would look like, if he was in a movie. I did them all a long while ago.

En Sabah Nur
[Image: MovieEnSabahNur.jpg]The main villain of X-men first class. He was a tyranical mutant pharoh who went into hibernation after being overthrown, then is accidently awaken in modern times. He Somehow senses Jean Grey's hidden class 5 mutant powers, and kidpanps and uses her to try to activate some ancient superweapon. Does not use technology, and is never called Appocalypse.

Mojo
[Image: MovieMojo.jpg]
A normal human who produces and directs a reality show where mutants get hunted for entertainment. Is so fat, he needs a wheelchair to get around.

Spiral
[Image: MovieSpiral.jpg]
A silent, brainwashed mutant gladiator working in Mojo's reality show. Is from India.

Arcade
[Image: MovieArcade.jpg]
A teenage computer hacker who works for Mojo and is obsessed with video games. He hacks into the X-men's Danger Room and uses it against them.

Mastermind
[Image: MovieMMind.jpg]
An illusion casting mutant who works for Mojo. Most of the time he appears as a proper English gentlemen. But when he gets killed, his illusions fade, and he turns out to be a fat ugly person.

Sunfire
[Image: MovieSunfire.jpg]
Appears in the 2nd Wolverine movie, as the cousin of Wolverine's love interest, and as an assassin for the main villain. Is an enemy at first, but then later aids Wolverine due to some point of honor.

Omega Red
[Image: MovieOmegaRed.jpg]
A Russian mutant crimelord who sells arms and infomation to the Brotherhood. Has no coils, but can poison people by touching them.

Blink
[Image: MovieBlink.jpg]
A young mutant orphan whose parents were killed by humans, then was found and raised by Sabertooth. Is at first a member of the Brotherhood and telports several evil mutants into the X-mansion during a sneak attack. Later helps the X-men when convinced of their morals.

Sauron
[Image: MovieSauron.jpg]
A satanic mutant with hypnotic powers, working for the Brotherhood. Is a rival to Angel

Task Master
[Image: MovieTMaster.jpg]
The main villain in the Deadpool movie, and had something to do with Deadpool's creation. Originally used a special dust that corroded human flesh, until it backfired on him, causing his skull headed appearance.

Agent X
[Image: MovieAgentX.jpg]
Is one of several assassins claiming to be the real Wade Wilson in the Deadpool movie. Carves an X into his body for every kill.

Riddler
[Image: MovieRiddler.jpg]
The main villain in the next Batman movie. He's an evil voodoo magician from Barbados, who sees Batman as a last worthy foe.

Penguin
[Image: MoviePenguin.jpg]
A midget hitman who ends up working for Riddler. He had an abusive childhood, and collects "taxes" in the form of human lives.

Killer Croc
[Image: MovieKCroc.jpg]
Originally a crocodile poacher from Australia, he was getting chased by batman and accidently fell into a vat of strange chemicals, that changed his skin. Seeking revenge for getting deformed, he joins Riddler.

Ventriloquist
[Image: MovieVentriloquist.jpg]
An entertainer at children's parties, and creepy next door neighbor ho keeps to himself. Is part of a subplot in which he stalks and kidnaps Bruce Wayne's love interest and puts her in a kinky death trap. Uses the scarface dummy as a messanger.

Kraven the Hunter
[Image: MovieKraven.jpg]
A Nigerian poacher who is arachniaphobic, and uses steroids.

Michael Morbius
[Image: MovieMorbius.jpg]
A student at Peter's highschool who is subjected to cruel bio chemical expiriments that turn him into a "vampire". Uses his hands to drain plasma from people. Is very good at sparkling, and has a girlfriend named Ella.

Tarantula
[Image: MovieTarantula.jpg]
A South American druglord who serves as some wild goose chase subplot. Mostly uses guns and knives, and uses toespikes at the last minute.
(08-26-2011, 04:31 PM)Judge Drej Wrote: [ -> ]Fireball20xl

This says far more unpleasant things about you than I possibly could.
too bad you got banned mr
your Spiral is probably going to be the most accurate but that's not saying much.
also i used to think Agent X was Wade Wilson.